“Real Cajun/Creole food!”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
“Real Cajun/Creole food!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Having grown up in south Louisiana, I was born into eating, and cooking, excellent cajun and creole cooking. Now living in Central Alabama, I learned that I must now travel some distance to get authentic cajun and creole cooking. I have been disappointed by what I have found up til now. A friend told me about Henry's Louisiana Grill in Acworth, Ga. We decided to risk the 3 hour drive to check it out. After arriving, we found that there was a 2 hour wait for dinner, so we went upstairs and had some LaLatini's and appetizers. Let me tell you, it was DEFINITELY worth the wait! The dinner (OoLaLa combination) was out of this world. The service was amazing, everyone from the servers to the bus people checked on us to be sure we had everything we needed. This I have seen at 5 star restaurants, which means that in my humble opinion, it is a 5 star restaurant. Chef Henry is seen walking around the restaurant, checking on his customer's which tells me not only does he do the cooking, but also his kitchen staff is trained extremely well. We are now planning to drive to Acworth, Ga. at least once a month for this incredibly delicious food. By the way, the atmosphere made me feel like I was back home in a truly cajun/creole restaurant where the atmosphere is as important as the food!! Kudo's to Chef Henry and staff.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank Rob L

Atlanta, Ga
“Wonderful service and tasty food”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stopped here on our way home from the Tellus Museum, after a friend from Louisiana recommended it. We were there for a late lunch on a Saturday and staff was friendly and accommodated our group of 5 adults and 7 kids at a perfect long table. Our server was very friendly and attentive to the children. Our table had the chicken ooh la la, jambalaya, gumbo, fried seafood platter and enjoyed all of them. If you don't like spicy food, beware of the jambalaya. The bread pudding is awesome! We shared the big bowl and loved it. Looking forward to returning and tasting more of their menu!

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank AtlKate
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Really?! This is Acworth?!”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

First time visitor to Acworth and wasn't expecting much. No offense Acworthians. Hotel concierge recommended Henry's and it was ranked number one on trip advisor so we thought we would give it a try. Boy, were we happy we did! Great food, great service and great ambiance. Huge portions! Henry even came out and gave us beads. If you're in Acworth you have to go to Henry's!

2 Thank kimbo1957
Rome, Georgia
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Heard about this place so much that my wife and I tried it. Outstanding and great food. Dont miss the corn bread and the biscuits !!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mario D
Dahlonega, Georgia, United States
“Who Dat Knew? Henry’s In Acworth!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I enjoyed the energy and enthusiastic foodiness of Henry’s. We dined on a late Monday afternoon while running around of all places Acworth, Georgia…which by the way has a pretty cool little downtown strip next to the train tracks. Old buildings revitalized with restaurants and shops. Nice!

We ordered the blackened sea scallops on a bed of flash fried spinach as an app. A little too salty for me. But the young assistant Chef (who waited on our table) said they were blackened in soy sauce. Next time I’ll try the simple fried scallops. Regardless, a pretty nice dish. The St. Maurice Salads were a big hit with fresh local hydroponically grown bib lettuce, grapes and roasted walnuts in what tasted like honey and nutmeg. Worked well with the citrus dressing.
Two of us ordered the Louisiana Oh La La, which was very tasty and fresh. This was a medley of crawfish, shrimp and such bathed in an Alfredo sauce and tossed with spinach over angel hair pasta. One of our party ordered a Grilled Chicken Sandwich and Cajun fries and the table concurred – everything was fresh from the beginning. Just comfy food with the LSU kick on a cloudy cold day. By the way, the dessert was a world-class bread pudding- that we shared and couldn’t finish. Highly recommended for the end of the meal.

Interestingly, we sat in the bar area and noticed the place was empty at 2:45pm when we arrived but as we enjoyed our eats, the staff when to work and the joint filled up with the happy buzz of late lunch diners by the end of our meal. I also noticed the gal upfront telling a caller there very booked at a particular time…so this place must be hot. Cool building with an inspired Chef and crew. These folks are seriously into fresh farm to table talk and great food. Worth the drive to Acworth.

• Visited February 2013