“Good Value - No Service issues”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Order Online
Ranked #104 of 151 Restaurants in Acworth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: Steak 'n Shake, a classic American brand, was founded in 1934 in Normal, Illinois by Gus Belt who pioneered the concept of premium burgers and milkshakes. For over 85 years, the company's name has been symbolic of its heritage. The word "steak" stood for steakburger. The term "shake" stood for hand-dipped milkshakes. Gus was determined to serve his customers the finest burgers and shakes in the business. Today, Steak 'n Shake remains the "better burger" leader, serving premium 100% beef steakburgers, hand-dipped milkshakes, thin crispy fries, and more. Steakburgers are made without preservatives or artificial ingredients, topped with fresh produce, and always hand-crafted to order. Other classics include the Frisco Melt, 7x7, Prime Steakburgers, and fan favorite M&M milkshakes.
Reviewed March 15, 2019

Took the family for a little dinner to Steak 'n Shake in Acworth recently. I have been to this location several times, and I have read the negative reviews in TripAdvisor, but all I can say is that I have not experienced most of the things (poor service especially) that I have read here. Sometimes when ordering shakes, there has been some delay, but other than that, service has been ok in my experience.

This visit, we were seated promptly upon entering, and our server, Morgan, was very friendly and did a very good job of taking care of us, making sure our drinks were full, etc. Our order came out quickly and everything was hot and tasted good. The $4 deal (burger, fries, another side, and a cookie for $4) is outstanding for a family with kids. Anyway, no complaints on this end.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 28, 2019

I visit this location about every 2 years whenever I visit Acworth from overseas. I've given up on this location. 4 years ago the service was ridiculously slow. 2 years ago they got the order totally messed up. Also on the same visit the milk shake wasn't even properly mixed so all the flavoring was still on the bottom of the cup. Two weeks ago, we didn't get the milk shake we ordered with the meal. This is after the waitress had us repeat the flavor twice. She never put the order in. I don't know what the problem is with this location but it's always a fiasco. It's not just us. We observed other customers equally frustrated. It's not Steak N Shake that's the problem but it's this location. We had the pleasure of finally getting a milk shake at another location and it was fabulous.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 16, 2019

No, the food is not "fine dining" - but good value, especially if you have hungry young kids to feed. The hamburger was above average - better than I expected. Although the shakes are supposed to be "number 1 rated," mine was a bit 'thin' and disappointing. No complaints on the service even if the order was a little slow coming out. I ordered a side dish of the soup - unfortunately worst part of the meal. Way too salty.
But overall (including value and service), an "average" experience.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed July 9, 2018

having been there a few times, it takes a HUGE milkshake to choke it down, every single time. Burgers are not juicy if you can see the meat under the dressings.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

As soon as we entered the building, a horrific smell overwhelmed us. It was Christmas Day so this was one of the only restaurants open. We were just killing time before our movie started and just ordered shakes. It took forever for them to come out. Our server, Mandy was very sweet and helpful but until the odor is gone we will not be back.

Date of visit: December 2017