“"Please wait to not be seated"”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Order Online
Ranked #104 of 151 Restaurants in Acworth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Description: Steak 'n Shake, a classic American brand, was founded in 1934 in Normal, Illinois by Gus Belt who pioneered the concept of premium burgers and milkshakes. For over 85 years, the company's name has been symbolic of its heritage. The word "steak" stood for steakburger. The term "shake" stood for hand-dipped milkshakes. Gus was determined to serve his customers the finest burgers and shakes in the business. Today, Steak 'n Shake remains the "better burger" leader, serving premium 100% beef steakburgers, hand-dipped milkshakes, thin crispy fries, and more. Steakburgers are made without preservatives or artificial ingredients, topped with fresh produce, and always hand-crafted to order. Other classics include the Frisco Melt, 7x7, Prime Steakburgers, and fan favorite M&M milkshakes.
Reviewed April 24, 2017 via mobile

Came in for lunch at 1:00pm. Our family of five waited 6 minutes in front of the "please wait to be seated" sign. Employees everywhere...not a sole acknowledged us or even made eye contact. We were the first party in line. That's a long, awkward 6 minutes when you're standing there with your wife and three kids. Went across the street and enjoyed a great burger at Wendy's. You blew it.

Date of visit: April 2017

Reviewed April 17, 2016 via mobile

2 couples stopped by around 9:30PM. The place was busy but not overly so. Tables needed bussed and staff was not interested. One young man whose name tag identified him as manager was running around trying to make everyone happy. He has a nice personality but needs help with management skills. Waitress took our order for drinks and practically threw them at us on her way past. We had no napkins/silverware. When asked she flat out ignored us- the man who asked her is definitely loud enough to be heard. We ended up getting our own. Food was delivered by another employee and the manager noticed our drinks needed refilled which he took cared of. We inquired about our shakes and were told they were "behind". We could appreciate this except customers who had come in after we did had their shakes. We told the manager we were waiting on the shakes and he apologized and said they were behind. We asked to have them in to go cups since we had finished eating and had already waited an hour. The waitress brought the 2 shakes one at a time and was quite put out that she had to go back to the kitchen to get take out cups. Guess who was at the checkout register? Our non-existent waitress! Big smile " how was your meal" and looking for a tip. When we told her the problems we had she just shrugged. I hate not leaving a tip since I know how they are part of their salary but these problems were not all the kitchen. Seriously if these people want $15 an hour they need to show a little customer service.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed February 28, 2016 via mobile

Arrived at about 10:30 hoping to grab a quickish breakfast. Super slow service and very lackluster food. No huge crowd so I have no idea why scrambled eggs and pancakes requires 35 minutes to prepare. Will not return.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed February 13, 2016

I was running errands and on my way home last night around 9:00 and decided to stop for dinner, as I had not eaten yet. From the moment I entered the restaurant, I was treated like an inconvenience.

The hosted seated the couple in front of me, and then said "I guess I need to find someplace to put you." There were at least 4 empty tables/booths. She seated me at a booth next to the wall separating the restaurant from the server area, saying "You got lucky I gave you a booth. I don;t have anyplace to stick just one person". I heard her when she went behind the wall say "I just sat 11 and 13. I don't want 11 - it's just one person and not worth it." I should have left then.

My server was distracted, and annoyed that when she took my drink order, I didn't know what I wanted to eat. When she brought my drink, she took my order, including a request for a shake to go when I finished eating.

My food was brought by someone else (which was fine). I realized that I did not have silverware or a napkin. It took more than 5 minutes for me to get the attention of a server to as her to bring them and a drink refill. I got the silverware, but not the drink. My server came by and I asked again for the drink and also the shake. She put the bill on my table (without the shake on it) and that was the last time I saw her.

It is worth noting that the volume from the staff behind the wall was almost intolerable. The shrieking and screaming was annoying, and did not lead to a pleasant atmosphere. Apparently one of the wait staff talked another into eating hot peppers. The kitchen crew was having to yell over the noise to get food delivered. It was like eavesdropping on the high school cafeteria. I could also hear them commenting about customers in unkind ways.

When I left to check out, I did not leave a tip, as I needed to get change from the cash register. The young woman asked me how everything was and I said "honestly, not very good" She did not respond.I asked to speak with a manager, and she said one was not on duty. I paid my bill, got change for a $5 (which caused much sighing as I took her last ones), and went to the table to leave my tip. As I walked past the partition, I overheard my server say "I can't believe the Bi*%^ didn't leave a tip." I decided it wasn't worth my energy to start a fight, left my 20% tip (I remember having to pay bills with what people left on the table) and walked out. I won't be back. Next time I'll go to the Cartersville location where they actually take care of people and are not bothered when single person comes in to eat after a busy day.

Date of visit: February 2016
1  Thank JulieJ688
Reviewed January 16, 2016

The only time I go here is if it is my teenagers choice. They like the fries, burgers and shakes. Not my favorite but we can almost always find coupons.

Date of visit: December 2015