“Anniversary Dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

Food service and atmosphere were excellent...did I say the food was good ordered stuffed fish alligator and key lime pie... tried to buy a key lime from the store and it didn’t compare I had to go back for more

Date of visit: December 2018

Reviewed February 12, 2019 via mobile

I’m in Georgia visiting friends and I was taken to this family owned Restaurant! It is extremely popular and reservations are definitely needed! Everything from the atmosphere to the service to the main thing, the FOOD, was superb!!!! They also offer catering and host special events! I would definitely recommend this restaurant as a must for a special night out!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 6, 2019

4 of us went to dinner here and although the service was really good, and the food was good, it was smaller portions and way overpriced, We will not be returning

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed February 3, 2019

Truffle fries seal the deal! Great place for both food and ambiance. Expect to wait if you don't have reservations. Their seafood is fresh, and dishes are creative without being too 'fru fru'. Half portions are available on some dishes, and full portions are quite generous. There is a wine bar next door that is like sitting in someone's living room for cocktails! Friday night this week featured a wonderful artist in the corner creating some charcoal sketches. It was fun to watch while waiting for our table....after checking in at Fish Thyme, we went next door and they called my cell phone when the table was ready. Great wine selections, too!

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

First off, I wish we had gotten our server’s name. He tried hard to please and was just the right amount of attentive. I would rate the service “Outstanding.” The menu is creative and extensive and the food was well-prepared. I had the half order of Naked Shrimp. The half order consisted of a skewer of 6 nice shrimp. Shrimp are difficult to grill without over-cooking them, and these were perfectly done. “Outstanding.” I ordered 6 oysters on the half-shell as starters, and would rate them “Ok.” They weren’t bad - just blah; even with horseradish & Lemon, they were bland, almost as if they were rinsed after being opened. My husband had a Teriyaki Salmon and he judged it “Excellent.” His Lobster Bisque was “Outstanding.” He enjoyed the glass of New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc that was one of the daily recommendations.

My reason for subtracting a star in the rating is because every sauce and every side dish had sugar in it! I have dietary restrictions and have to be very careful of what I am eating. The first side that came with the meal, the kale with Parmesan and horseradish, was quite tasty, but was prepared with a sweetened sauce. I had one bite and could taste the sugar. For the second side, I ended up paying extra to get the iceberg wedge with bleu cheese, and even then, the tomatoes sprinkled on top had been marinated in a sweet marinade.

I realize that the typical American diet includes a lot of sugar, but is it necessary to add it to kale? To tomatoes? The menu is so creative and the overall quality is so high, that I think the chef could make the food just as appealing without resorting to the use of such an unhealthy ingredient. Limit the sugar to the dessert menu, please. The food is delicious without it!

Date of visit: December 2018

Been to Fish Thyme? Share your experiences!