“S'alright”

JD's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #5 of 123 Restaurants in Acworth
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I'm not a big BBQ Aficionado, but I consider myself a foodie. Top things to do on trip and visiting new places is trying local cuisine and top rated restaurants, addicted to cooking channels and cooking as much as possible at home... That said, this place was just alright. Cute joint, decent staff, dead at 8pm on a rainy Saturday night.

I had the chopped pork, hubby had smoked chicken and baby girl had chicken tenders. Sides were baked potato, baked beans, french fries and onion rings, served with "garlic toast". It's white bread, toasted and buttered with some burnt pieces of garlic on it. Everything seemed run of the mill, nothing above and beyond what any place that sells bbq would taste like. But this is JUST a bbq place and it didn't wow us.

Everything was tasty, but I wouldn't say this is a "must have" bbq. We have wanted to try other bbq places in the area, but haven't yet. We live right up the street from this one, it was late and raining, so we just popped in here. It smelled delicious when we walked in, but doubt we'd be back. Living in GA I am sure we can find another "best bbq in town" that lives up to that. :)

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The location, building and staff are nice, but the BBQ isn't that great. I would rather have Sonny's or Williams Brothers.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Went to JD's with friends and family and found it is their 2nd. location-very nice building with very good BBQ in a heaping full plate I had trouble finishing!
Lot's of good food for the money-clean, new, and nice-I'll be back!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

JD's started out with a little hole in the wall place over in Woodstock on Bells Ferry Rd. We had eaten there multiple times, and were excited when the new one opened up on Main St. in Acworth. We have now eaten at the new one multiple times, and have never been disappointed. We have had pork, chicken, plates, salads, and wings. Their Brunswick stew is tasty, their deep-fried corn on the cob (fresh corn, not frozen) is really good, slaw is good, meat is good, garlic bread is good. They make their own sauces and dressings. The building is a restored old school house from the early part of the 1900's, and it is a comfortable place with high ceilings and a few antiques for decor. Tea is served in mason jars, and a roll of paper towels sits on your table for wiping hands and mouths. We make it a point to visit at least once every 2 weeks! They have a nice outdoor deck for having your meal in nice weather. Good stuff!

1  Thank gocoastl
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I've eaten at JD's about 6 times. The loaded chicken spud is by far my favorite item on the menu. They start with a huge baked potato rolled in salt. Then the add grilled diced chicken, bacon crumbles, cheese, ranch dressing and I add their sweet bbq sauce. It is delicious! And often times I can eat 2 meals off of 1 potato. I've tried the pork bbq and I like it. I did not care for their brisket, however. The sides are ok. Eat the spud!

1  Thank TravellingWhicters

Been to JD's Bar-B-Que? Share your experiences!