“Good Food, Service, and Value”
Review of JD's Bar-B-Que

JD's Bar-B-Que
Ranked #5 of 123 Restaurants in Acworth
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Went to JD's with friends and family and found it is their 2nd. location-very nice building with very good BBQ in a heaping full plate I had trouble finishing!
Lot's of good food for the money-clean, new, and nice-I'll be back!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

JD's started out with a little hole in the wall place over in Woodstock on Bells Ferry Rd. We had eaten there multiple times, and were excited when the new one opened up on Main St. in Acworth. We have now eaten at the new one multiple times, and have never been disappointed. We have had pork, chicken, plates, salads, and wings. Their Brunswick stew is tasty, their deep-fried corn on the cob (fresh corn, not frozen) is really good, slaw is good, meat is good, garlic bread is good. They make their own sauces and dressings. The building is a restored old school house from the early part of the 1900's, and it is a comfortable place with high ceilings and a few antiques for decor. Tea is served in mason jars, and a roll of paper towels sits on your table for wiping hands and mouths. We make it a point to visit at least once every 2 weeks! They have a nice outdoor deck for having your meal in nice weather. Good stuff!

1  Thank gocoastl
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I've eaten at JD's about 6 times. The loaded chicken spud is by far my favorite item on the menu. They start with a huge baked potato rolled in salt. Then the add grilled diced chicken, bacon crumbles, cheese, ranch dressing and I add their sweet bbq sauce. It is delicious! And often times I can eat 2 meals off of 1 potato. I've tried the pork bbq and I like it. I did not care for their brisket, however. The sides are ok. Eat the spud!

1  Thank TravellingWhicters
Reviewed May 7, 2012

This is my favorite place for Friday night takeout. Chopped pork with double fries is the real winner. You can easily make 4 sandwiches out of 1 plate. Yummy desserts and really fine iced tea.

1  Thank wrongtrousers
Reviewed April 17, 2012

(Note: I'm now going to add posted health scores to my reviews, as I think this is an important piece of information to assist potential diners in deciding whether to try an establishment.)
Health score: 99 (almost unheard of for a BBQ restaurant to have a score anywhere near this high)
This is a very good BBQ restaurant. They have all the "mandatory" items - the brisket, chicken and chopped pork were all good. They are a little weak on sides, but the brunswick stew is excellent, one of the best I've had anywhere.
The service was very good. This place has table service and you eat on plates with flatware, which isn't the case for many BBQ places.
Definitely recommend.

1  Thank RoswellDad

Been to JD's Bar-B-Que? Share your experiences!