“Disappointing...”

Cuisines: Italian
Acworth, Georgia
“Disappointing...”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Parkside has apparently fallen off the quality map. The food was OK, but it took nearly an hour to get it. We went on a Friday evening at 5:30 and there was one server and one hostess who tried to help serve. (Apparently, the Friday crowd doesn't start filtering in until 6, so the staff doesn't either.) We waited 15 minutes for straws (for our drinks) and 25 minutes for our salad. Entrees came out about 40 minutes after we ordered and when we asked for bread (because it wasn't brought with our meal or our salad), we got two slices of packaged Italian bread that was nuked to the point we couldn't touch it, and as it cooled, it stuck to the bowl and the glutens must have developed because we couldn't even chew through it. A $13 piece of lasagna is smaller than the size of a traditional Post-it note and was barely satisfying and full of water, making me think it was frozen and had to be nuked too. (This also left me wondering what took 40 minutes.) By the time we finished our meals, we were so frustrated and disappointed we didn't get the orange cream cake we so love because we just wanted to get out of there. Not your best effort Parkside...we know you can do a lot better, but it's going to be a long time before we come out to see again.

• Visited January 2013

“Average!!!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Parkside Italian Kitchen is average. The pizza is good but the stuffed pizza is more crust than stuffing. The salad and bread are great!!! The stuffed mushrooms are stuffed with meat and lots of cheese. Very tasty!!!. The owner comes to the tables which is a nice touch. The service was good. However, after we ordered the owner told us of other dishes that were on the menu. We would have ordered those dishes instead of the pizza if we would have known.

• Visited December 2012
Orlando, FL
“Good food, less attentive service.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This was our first visit and was based on the positive reviews posted here previously. We were the only ones in the restaurant at 5:15pm on a Saturday, although only 2 more couples showed up by our departure at 6:30pm. Nothing special about the menu, standard Italian dishes and pizza mostly. There's an outdoor patio area with a roughly 6' diameter fire pit for the cooler nights. We ordered a Parkside chopped salad which was fresh, crisp, with balsamic vinaigrette, and almond slices, although the server forgot to bring the salad until she was reminded when our pizza arrived. We ordered the Margaritta pizza which, although tasty, had too much garlic. If not for the excessive garlic, I'd rate the pizza highly as I rate the quality of the pizza more on its crust quality rather than the toppings. We'll return to try another pizza choice (sans garlic). Although the place was empty, the server was noticeably absent on drink refills as the pizza took about 30 minutes. This despite there being 5-6 staff members up front chatting away the whole time.

Also, if you install the android app "Yelp" and make a reservation using the app, you can get a 10% discount as well as use it to get a 10% discount at other local area restaurants.

• Visited October 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Surprisingly good Italian in north Georgia”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I'll preface this review by saying I'm a pizza snob. Having grown up on New Jersey/New York pizza (in my opinion, the BEST pizza on earth), I look down my nose at any Georgia restaurant claiming to offer NY style pizza. Although Parkside doesn't serve authentic NY pizza, it is very good, especially for this area. It's evident at first taste that the ingredients are all fresh and the pies are homemade from start to finish. My salad was crisp, fresh, and included a variety of greens. I also appreciated the manager, who seems to really embrace the idea that the customer is king. He came over to our table on several occasions to ensure we were happy with our meal. He obviously puts a lot of love and care into his restaurant--and it shows. Although we don't live near Acworth, if I am in the area again, I will definitely give this place a second (and third) visit.

• Visited September 2012
Marietta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pretty good food - server left much to be desired”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

My wife and I had decided to go to dinner without the kids and we wanted to try a place we had never been before and I found this place. We try to go to locally owned businesses and this seemed nice. Had nice outdoor seating and not crowded. The fried zucchini with jalepeno ranch dipping sauce was excellant. I got the chicken parm which was very good and the eggplant parm was average. The house salads were good and crisp. We had to ask for the bread to be brought out and when I asked for more the server did not tell me it would be an extra charge(I do not mind the charge, just tell me up front). The owner came out and said hi and chatted with us, which is always nice. The part that aggravated me was at the end when the server just dropped the check without offering dessert or asking if we needed anything else. In the restaurants defense, the other server seemed very nice and attentive to her table. I was planning on getting something after reading other reviews on here, but that ended that desire.

• Visited August 2012