“Used to be our favorite...what has happened?”

Rico's Mex Mex Grill
Ranked #13 of 119 Restaurants in Acworth
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Acworth, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Used to be our favorite...what has happened?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

When this place opened it quickly became our favorte! Fresh and perfect simple fare. Not your normal canned beans and packaged rice. Not the usual chile relleno mush on a plate. Serioulsy. We LOVED this place! Then, about a month ago, we went and ordered our usual and it was not good. Meaning, it was just like every other box Mexican place. The beans were actually dry and the rice tasted like it came out of a microwave package with no depth of flavor like it did before. The chile relleno was a great disappointment. It was like a scoop of mush plopped on the plate and inside was a sliver of a piece of bell pepper. What happened to the poblanos? We were so disappointed. Waited a few weeks and went back. This time the beans weren't dry but everything else was like the last visit except this time a sliver of bell pepper was on top of the chile relleno. Have they changed ownership? Not sure I wan't to try again but honestly, we had probably been there 20 times before and always loved it!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jeanine S

Sun City Center, Florida
“Don't eat here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We ate dinner here last night because of all the good reviews I read.

It took forever to get my food and when they did bring it, it was wrong. I had put my fork in it to see what was in the food on a few places. When they realized they brought me the wrong plate, they came back, took my plate and gave me the right plate.

Then they took my plate, which I had dug my dirty fork in (form eating appetizers) and gave that plate to the people at the table behind us!

Besides that being disgusting, the food there was very bland. The taco and enchilada meat was just ground beef with no seasoning, the chilli relleno was just a big pile of ground beef cream sauce with a tiny strip of pepper in it.

I will be reporting them to the health department on Monday.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Nancy123454321
Somewhere on the planet
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Had the Chili Con Carne and it was delicious, plus great singer/guitarist. Chips and salsa was also very tasty plus a couple of Negra Modelos.

“Delicious Mexican Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Love this place! Food is always amazing, staff very attentive & friendly! If you are looking for some yummy Mexican food then Rico's is a must. They also have a nice little outdoor patio. I get take out from here a lot and its always great! ( One birdie told me the have Texas margarita pitchers on Tuesday for $12.99 which I intend to check out one of these days :)

• Visited August 2013
Kentucky
“Good Mexican, fun atmosphere!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Four adults had dinner here. They have the standard fare; with some surprises. Everyone enjoyed their dinner. My lime chicken dish was okay, except the chicken was very dry. The favors were great, but the chicken hard to chew.

The chips (free) and salsa weren't anything special. The sangria was good, could stand to have some fruit other than lemon slices.

Service was quick and attentive. Decor quite busy, but fun. Would go again when in town.

Visited August 2013

Been to Rico's Mex Mex Grill? Share your experiences!