“Amazing! Best fajitas ever!”

Rico's Mex Mex Grill
Ranked #10 of 122 Restaurants in Acworth
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This place has awesome food. The fajitas are my sons favorite. It is a small family owned restaurant. The owners are friendly and accommodating. The chicken soup is the best I've ever had. Prices are comparable to other places. They have some good lunch specials and the food not only tastes good, it's pretty too! The atmosphere is authentic and you can tell they put a lot of effort into decorating.

1  Thank TammyLee h P
There are newer reviews for Rico's Mex Mex Grill

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Small local hole in the wall place in Acworth, GA. easy to find with GPS. Went on a Friday night, not very crowed, pleasant atmosphere and good service by family run operation. Wish I could rave about the food but it was just average mexican fare. The food did come out hot and had nice plate appeal but compared to the many other restaurants in the area it was nothing special.

1  Thank shipsales
Reviewed June 21, 2012

When this place opened up a couple of years ago in an old building next to the railroad tracks, I gave them 6 months. Then............ I started to hear of people who had eaten there. Then........ I said that I had to try it. Have eaten there twice now (and will go back again!) Here are my observations: This is a hole in the wall building that has been many things, including, most recently, a Hispanic grocery store. It sits on a little corner at a 4-way stop along side the railroad tracks. The parking lot is woefully tiny, as is the inside. (Remember this used to be a little grocery store.) It is too dark and loud inside. Have I scared you off yet? Having said that.......

The food in this little place is really, really good! Salsa is homemade, and not too hot. Cheese dip is good. Each dish I have had, and my friends and family have had are REALLY, REALLY good. Today I tried the burrito al carbon. It was a good foot long and about 3 inches in diameter. Served with rice and nachos topped with cheese sauce, pico de gallo, and crumbled cheese, it was enough for two meals. My niece had the green chili enchiladas, and pronounced them yummy as well.

They do have a lot of specials, so you can spend as much or as little as you want. Our tab with 2 entrees, cheese dip, and beverages was $30, but we did not order any of the specials.

I am happy to see they are doing so well. It is plain to see why - their food is really, really good. I WOULD love to see them brighten up the inside and turn the TV's down so it is a little more cozy in the dining area. All in all, it is a much better experience to dine here than one of the chain Tex-Mex places.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

The atmosphere at Rico's is not my favorite, so I usually get "to-go". The fajita chicken taco salad is awesome! It is so big and comes loaded with everything you could ever want. It is the best fajita chicken taco salad I've ever had.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

We have eaten here twice now and both times the food and service was excellent. I had a Mexican Flag Burrito the first time. Awesome. The second time I had the Carnitas and they were amazing. The chips, salsa and cheese dip are also very good. This is a small restaurant so go early if you don't like to wait for dinner.

Been to Rico's Mex Mex Grill? Share your experiences!