“Interesting place, yes slow but good service”
Review of Dogwood Terrace

Dogwood Terrace
Ranked #25 of 131 Restaurants in Acworth
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We liked this place.
They arent certainly used to crowds, but the personnel seems to really like the place and we felt well attended by those young servers trying to do their best
Location and decoration are great
Meals are just ok

I recommend it and would go back

1  Thank Rulfian

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

When we arrived, there were 3 tables in the entire restaurant. One of them paid, received their change, and left while we were waiting to be severed. The server walked by us 3 times without acknowledging us at all. She even spoke to the hostess who was sitting down relaxing. It was if we were invisible until I stood up and announced my dissatisfaction before leaving. I got only a blank stare. I will not return.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Do not go here. Service was almost non existant. Extremely short handed and basically ignored. Group of twelve and they were informed. Were not pleased we preferred to order off menu. Many salads ordered which do not take much time to prepare. Waited about 45min. and actually had to ask several times if our meals were being prepared. Once delivered the food was mediocore at best. Drinkd were placed on the table without napkins or coasters and all the ice was making the glasses sweat and the tables had puddles all around,. What a supreme disappointment. Will never go back and do not recommend.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I don't normally write reviews but I had read a few negative ones about this restaurant and felt like I needed to add mine. I went with a couple of my girlfriends on a Friday night. I have never been to the Dogwood Terrace before and based on some reviews wasn't totally sure what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Our waitress came over immediately to greet us and take our drink orders. She was very friendly and professional. With our dinner orders we each got a side salad that was made right at our table. The waitress brings over the cart and you get to select what you would like on it. I had everything, from their house salad to homemade croutons, and it was very good. I think this is the first time I've ever finished my entire salad.

For dinner two of us chose the fresh salmon with a citrus sauce and I must say we both thought it was the best salmon dinner we ever had. I love salmon and eat it quite frequently so when I say it was absolutely delicious I mean it. Our other friend had the pasta with shrimp which she really liked but not as much as we liked our salmon.

For dessert I went for the white chocolate creme brulee and once again I was not disappointed. It was the perfect way to end a wonderful dinner. Everything from our service to the food was great and the place is very cute inside. I would highly recommend it.

2  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Went here with a party of friends. Found the cuisine to be nothing special, my quiche was cold when it arrived. A 20% gratuity was added automatically and deemed as a "party charge", however, nothing special was done for the party. No balloons, no special apps or drinks. And the service did not warrant such a fee. I would not revisit.

Been to Dogwood Terrace? Share your experiences!