“ekkkkkkkk! :(”
Review of The Old Mill Restaurant - CLOSED

The Old Mill Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kennesaw, Georgia
“ekkkkkkkk! :(”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Worst.Place.Ever. The steak tasted like they dropped it in dish water then put it on my plate :(

• Visited May 2012

Acworth, Georgia
“Nice p[lace for drinks”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We went to see a friend who plays piano locally and was coming to Old Mill and took some friends. Great server. We sat in the bar not the restaaurant, but food is always really good (just a little bit pricy).

Visited March 2012
Acworth, Georgia, United States
“This restaurant was nice.”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

food was good as was the service.
Great location, Waitress was very congenial

Acworth, Georgia
“Disappointing, No value.”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

After a rough week, I thought what pick-me-up to have a good dinner at a fine restaurant. And it might have been, I just didn't get the chance to find out.
Ate very late (after 9 PM) and the restaurant was very empty, so there was no problems with seating. I had a wonderful server too, very attentive. From here it breaks down:
Food: Considering value (cost vs quality), it was probably the worst meal I've ever had. Filet encrusted w/bleu cheese-not really encrusted, just an oily broken down cheese poured over it. French fries-very nice. Asparagus=disaster, could not cut the stem end even with my steak knife, tips were so overcooked they dissolved in my mouth like ash. Salad was not fresh, greens were dried out and croutons had absolutely no crunch. Fresh baked rolls-either underdone or just dense and heavy.
Atmosphere: Lovely room. I didn't understand the paper over the tablecloths, I guess they didn't want them stained (Clorox?). There was live entertainment too: The singer was good, and I know it is very hard to perform in public like that. With so few diners there, the sound system was overbearingly loud. Had I not been dining solo, I don't think it would have been possible to have a conversation.

• Visited March 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“nice in acworth”
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Good food, lovely decor. Really a nice place to have dinner or lunch have a nice patio area