“Nice Meal”
Review of Captain D's

Captain D's
Ranked #62 of 150 Restaurants in Acworth
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Ok , so I thought I may not return and there I was, ordering at Captain Ds...again. The menu takes time so I was looking over it and discovered a senior special on Wednesday’s and Sundays that includes a drink. I was excited because they have value priced menus but I just think individual drinks are to high. So...I ordered the two piece fish, two sides and a drink which on Wednesday’s for seniors ,it was only 4.99 plus tax. Great deal. My order was taken by Gabrealle and she was delightful. The food was delivered today hot, fresh , and delicious. Very enjoyable meal.

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Captain D's on Baker is super popular. There was obviously a pent up demand for a good, affordable fish place as evidenced by the long lines at peak hours. Go off peak and you get relatively short lines. Staff are busy but friendly and the tables and floors are kept clean.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 26, 2018

New site opened this year at a good location. Lots of parking with easy access. Interior is bright, clean and spacious. Customer service and fish platter was very good. Staff checked with me to see that all was well with my meal. Self service for drinks and refills.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

Went around 6pm. Fish was soggy and portions are much smaller than other captain d's. This was 2nd time and had a bad experience both times. Will not return.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

In all honesty, this is my third visit and while I have not been overly impressed, my previous visits did not leave me wondering if I would come back...this trip did. Now, this location offers a new twist to fast food for me in Acworth. It is usually good and a welcome change from burgers. For that I am thankful. Now, my most recent visit. The young lady that took my order was very professional. I questioned the price of drinks and I was very impressed by her response...that being said the drinks here are very expensive. There was a delay in getting my food but there was an understandable explanation so I was fine. No problems. Condiment area could have been cleaner and absolutely the dining area needed attention. Tables had not been cleaned and two large yellow / orange cones surrounded what appeared to be a major spill, floor looked sticky. Wiped off my table , waited for food and it came within the estimated time , no problem. The food... cold slaw, fish, and shrimp fine ,even tasty. French fries were not fresh and I can only assume they had started the plate while waiting on seafood and they had gotten cold. I took plate back up and the same young lady apologized and took my plate to replace and she was told she’ll have to wait there are none down. Again, she apologized and instead of yelling the rude response which is what was said to her, she told me to have a seat and they would take care of it. Back to my meal, eating slowly , enjoying the meal...wait, wait, wait...no fries. Back up again, same sweet young lady , she checked. I heard fries are not down , she said so sorry , they are working on it. Back to my seat. Had about half a piece of fish and now the fries come. Not really a way to enjoy the meal. I ate about a third and was finished. For me, what I expected to be a nice leisurely meal turned into a disjointed experience. I applaud the person who I interacted with the most, the person who took my order, even the person who explained the initial delay. I was in there about 3 or 4 ish, not sure, on yesterday , the second. It just seemed that instead of one person going out and checking, the entire staff’s attention was on a truck that had backed up onto the property and was having trouble moving, not on their customers ,my opinion. Not the experience I was expecting.

Date of visit: April 2018