The Hotel Jacaranda
$99
La Quinta
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsold floridasitting roomculinary schoolmini suitehuge lobbymaster suitegrand old hotelbuffet restaurantchain hotelscentral floridabeautiful historic hotelbok tower gardenselectrical outletsthird floordirectly across the streethot watertwo double beds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I was doing a tour round Florida and had booked stops on the way down to Key West, staying at Clearwater Beach, Naples and then Key west, all at nice places. I had not booked anything on the way back up, but remembered reading about the Jacaranda Hotel at Avon Park just off highway 21. I turned up at about 3-00 pm and enquired about a single room for one night. Within 15 minutes I was in this lovely old fashioned room, with an enormous bed, spotless linen,and a very large bathroom. It was like stepping back in time in the hotel lobby. From the facade at the front, to the enormous entrance lobby,with it settees and bookcases,and its old criss cross elevator, it was like something out of the old movies. Couple this to some exceptionally helpful staff, and it was the best stop I had on my tour.
I did not eat in the restaurant, but it was spotless, and there were many who did.I did have a quick look and must say the food looked very appetising. There is a bar exactly opposite which has not been open very long, after being bought and completely re-furbished. I was made very welcome there as well.
I can honestly state that this is certainly a charming place to stay should you be in area.
Once again ,thanks for a good night .Regards.Mick.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Michael B
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a very historic hotel and the restaurant has a nice buffet that is run by culinary arts students. It was about $10 for the dinner Buffett which included a drink and dessert. Several entree and vegetable choices plus a soup and several salad choices. This is a nice place for an outing if you are staying in Sebring or another town in central FL. The hotel lobby is amazing too. Oh, there is also a guy that plays nice piano music during the dinner hours.
I felt as if I was going back in time and experiencing old Florida. This must have been a very special place during the early 1900's.

Room Tip: I wish we would have stayed here but we didn't.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank HoosierNancy
Reviewed January 25, 2012

We found the Jacaranda at the last minute on a long day of travel. What a find! Gracious and stately, the hotel sits on the main street of this neat little Old Florida town.
Rooms are well-maintained; not elegant, but you won't lack for amenities.
Lobby is oldschool: a huge room with lofty ceilings.
Staff courteous and personable.
There's a neat balcony with chairs where you can sit and enjoy the activity on the street.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VespagirL55
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Two of my friends and I was on a road trip from New Orleans to Key West. On our way we had a night at Hotel Jacaranda and we just loved it!

We arrived late at the evening without a reservation and was warmly welcomed by a friendly member of the staff. He told us shortly about the background of the hotel before he showed us our room. The room wasn't anything special but the hotel in general had a fantastic atmosphere as well as an interesting history.

Even though the next day wasn't that warm we went outside to try the hotel's swimmingpool and spa facilities. It was just incredible. The spa was very hot and the pool was heated. It was luxury for a very decent price - and something we hadn't hoped for in an otherwise dull part of Florida.

The hotel has a fantastic atmosphere, a decent place to dine and a great outdoor swimmingpool and spa.

We can surely recommend a visit if you are in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hans M
Reviewed November 26, 2006

Probably the most interesting place to stay in the area, it dates to the mid-1920s and in its youth hosted famous people. Now part of it is dorm space for college students, some of whom help out with lodging and restaurant operations as part of their hospitality studies. Our room, with 2 good double beds, was small but comfortable. (The sink is in the room proper, not the bath.) There are indoor sitting rooms and a wonderful sunny veranda when you want more space, and the high-ceilinged lobby offers cozy seating and walls of books to read.Thanksgiving buffet at the restaurant was quite tasty (and popular). In addition to a nice heated pool, the Jac has (and uses) its original elevator! Staff was kind and helpful. We were there on a chilly Florida night and there was no heat in the room, but the extra blankets sufficed just fine.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple