“Please wash your hands.”
Review of Little Italy

Little Italy
Ranked #8 of 44 Restaurants in Avon Park
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Pizza was pretty good. Probably the best in Highlands county. Canoli wasn't worth the box they put it in. It took WAY to long to get the Pizza (about 30 minutes for fine in). There's definitely no sense of urgency from the workers there. The most disturbing thing was in the middle of eating our pizza I could hear one of the pizza chefs blowing his nose, so I look over and see him blowing his nose, throws the paper towel away.........aaaaand without washing his hands or anything, he goes right back to making a pizza. It was pretty disgusting. That alone despite the pizza being ok is probably enough to keep me from going back for awhile. My suggestion, if you go......make sure you have plenty of time to blow.....and don't watch the people cooking or doing the food prep. Ugh.

1  Thank sdmh
There are newer reviews for Little Italy

Reviewed March 31, 2014

The staff were nice and the food was prepared in a decent amount of time. But and this is a big but, the Pizza had no flavor. We didn't finish it and actually left it because we didn't want to take it home. The Eggplant parm was mushy and tasteless as well. The bread was good. For a large 3 topping pizza and 2 drinks it was a little over $25. The other thing that bothered me was one of the kitchen workers in the back was eating a slice of pizza in the same area my Eggplant parm was being made. He could have been making it for all I know. That didn't sit well with me.

It didn't impress us and we won't be back.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Food is good and consistent. I agree. The sauce is pretty amazing!! I would have given this place a 5 relative stars (in comparison for what this county has to offer), but the two ladies who work up front are so ..... Well, you have to go or call to experience it. I'm pretty sure the two very cute cashiers can't add 1+1. My elementary child can take a To Go order more efficiently than 2 of them put together.

I will continue to support this establishment because, it simply is...YUMMY!!!

Reviewed March 14, 2014

I judge an Italian restaurant by its sauce. "Little Italy" does an excellent job. We dined in and had Ziti with Meatballs and a Stromboli. Both were very good. The Stromboli came with a side of sauce which gave me an opportunity to really taste their sauce. I was pleasantly surprised. I met a friend there who I haven't seen for a long time...an Italian friend from Boston. His presence there only confirmed what I already was thinking. Two criticisms...the bread was served warm but no butter/oil was offered. There is no atmosphere. We ate outside and that wasn't too bad. We are very excited that this restaurant has come to Avon Park.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had Pizza which was very good, you more or less wait on yourself, you go up to the counter put in your order they assign you a number and when your order is ready they call you number. Saw some of the other dishes which looked very good spaghetti, calzones and subs. You can get beer and wine by the glass, bottle or pitchers of beer. All in all not a bad place very busy.
There pizzas are New York stile.