“Can Be Perfect or Only So-So, Depending”
Review of Yums

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Yums
Ranked #33 of 44 Restaurants in Avon Park
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 21, 2017

Good vegetarian options. Some days the food is fantastic, other times just ok. Worth it for the good days!

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

Watch out when you use your card. They will try to skim a couple of bucks from your card on the tip line

Reviewed December 5, 2016

Sunday afternoon just after lunch hour. Easy parking in large lot just off Hwy 27 located in a shopping plaza. We were the only customers in the place when we arrived. A couple of takeout orders were handled while we were there but no one else sat down to eat. Place seems bright and clean. No table service. Servers were two young men who never left the counter, one about 16 and the other in early 20's. Both were approachable but did not attempt to provide service of any kind aside from taking our order.
My spouse ordered item #98 ($6.95), Shrimp with Mixed Vegetables. These dishes are offered in 3 sizes - pint, order, or quart & she asked for the "order" size. No coffee available but the empty urn made me think they might have coffee at breakfast time.until I realized they do not open until 10:30 AM. I ordered 2 items - #19 ($5.75), the House Special Soup and #C22 ($7.55) the General Tso's Chicken with Pork Fried Rice. We had not been asked if our order was to eat in or to take out and when it was put on the table it was in a double bag (paper inside plastic) in take-out containers. We unpacked it onto the table, found plastic forks and spoons, and started on our lunch.
WOW - the House Special soup was a full quart container of hot soup with solid ingredients taking up over half the contents. It was just fabulous and I highly recommend it. Not realizing the size of the soup and its heavy content meant I had ordered the General Tso's Chicken for my actual lunch and it also proved to be a truly great presentation and it was nicely spiced without actually being spicy hot, although the menu says you can also order it as hot as you want.. Another reviewer commented on the rice being yellow - mine was also yellow but that is expected in a pork fried rice, not a sign of any problem if you know Chinese cooking. My spouse's rice was snow white because it was a different preparation. Both my spouse and I really enjoyed the dishes we were served. I would order the General Tso's Chicken again but it was so good that I might pass it by in order to try something else from their huge (REALLY huge) menu.
We will certainly be back. This location is quite spartan, seems ideal for a family with kids, and the dishes we had were excellent. The lack of any form of service is all that keeps me from giving them an "excellent" rating.

Reviewed August 6, 2015

very nice establishment. would recommend this business to people with children. we enjoyed eating there and we will go back

Reviewed January 1, 2015

Dirty and crappy food. Fried rice was yellow, looking more like Spanish rice. Chicken was greasy and tasted like frozen. Do not go here for authentic Chinese food. It is about as much Chinese as me.

2  Thank Charles L