“Great menu, food, terrific service”
Review of Olympic Restaurant

Olympic Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Avon Park
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We ate lunch here while driving between Sarasota and Orlando on Saturday, 28 July. The menu was quite large with a lot of variety for a small restaurant. The service was terrific. The food was very good and the portion size was enough for more than one person. Great little restaurant on Hwy 27.

1  Thank bikehog

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I was back in town, so I wanted to take my family to my favorite old Avon Park restaurant. For those in the know, the Olympic is sort of a local legend, and I was glad to see that it is not only still standing, but thriving. There was a time, 20 years ago, when Avon Park and Sebring were nearly the same size, and the Olympic was the place to go then, just as it is now. The funny thing is that the Olympic is sort of an enigma. For one thing, the salad bar is small, yet the items are so fresh, you'll probably still love it. Another thing is that the restaurant itself is considered Greek, yet it's the sandwiches that you'll die for. This place has one of the best Reuben sandwiches I've ever had, and the Cuban is pretty good too. The waitresses here are hard working, real waitresses, and you're likely to get great service from them.

1  Thank Mike C
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We eat here quite often.. have been eating here since I was a small child... I am now 46 years old so that's gotta tell ya something... I have never been disappointed... the salad bar is always fresh and meals are cooked to order.

1  Thank Hope W
Reviewed February 26, 2012

We went to this restaurant because my partner had been there before and he had fond memories of it. Well we were not disappointed. We had a very short wait but the food was good enough to wait as long as it takes. I had the Rib special which included the salad bar. He had liver and onions. The food was excellent, Diana, our server provided super service. The prices are very reasonable and the servings substantial. We were stuffed. Highly recommend.

2  Thank BettyBoop1941
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Everything is great, love the liver & onions and the best Reuben sandwich ever....

1  Thank Tracy B