“Fun, classy & tasty!”

Cuisines: American
Description: 863.453.1818
Description: 863.453.1818
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Just wish there was more seating! It was worth the wait. The steaks are excellent, Ahi tuna was spectacular, the chicken dish needed a little more flavor. The apple dumpling dessert was fantastic. Good wine selection and prices. The owner (David) was a hoot! Hope this place can grow - it's a real asset to Avon Park. We drove from Lake Placid on Thurs evening and there was about 30 min wait.They don't take reservations. I like the simple menu that will help them to keep the quality high when they have a dozen dishes that they do well. We will be back!

2  Thank BarbinFLA
There are newer reviews for Eighteen East Restaurant

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Never ever had a bad meal here. The owner is always on hand and checking on guests. Great steaks. Pastas are homemade try the seafood one. These guys can cook! They dont open till 4pm .

2  Thank Denise M
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I recently had a fantastic meal here. I was expecting basic fare, but got so much more! The food was fantastic, and the atmosphere was great. The owner was so nice and welcoming. I had the prime rib Reuben, which was a great twist on the original, and so unexpected. Everyone at our table loved their food, and the menu variety was great.
The prices were so reasonable, this will be a must visit on future trips to Florida!

3  Thank trave1gal
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here several times with the last two being actual meal visits. The visits before were early afternoon for an appetizer. The Hog Wings are to die for!! Large, juicy and full of a wonderful smoked flavor. For our first meal, I had their version of the Ruben sandwich. It was a very large portion and the flavor, mmmmman!! I have never tasted a sandwich so good! This last visit however, it was kind of disappointing. My wife and I split the Ribeye. It's a very large portion! The flavor was okay. It was a little under cooked for "medium", the meat was tender, but the texture was dry and grainy. For a steak that is at "Market Price", I expected a better cut. My soup, the Wisconsin Cheddar, was very good as was the green beans.

The one thing that I do not like is that you never know who your server is! One takes your order, another brings your drinks, another tops off your drinks and yet another brings the food. Very confusing!

All in all, it's a good place to socialize, have a beer and a bite to eat. Don't pass up the "Hog Wings" if you are in town!

1  Thank SlyPix
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Small bar & restaurant in the historic downtown area of Avon Park. Friendly owner greets many of his regulars by name. Servers are working hard and doing a good job. The menu isn't exhaustive, however it's not skimpy either. The breaded tenderloin (Indiana style) is a very large sandwich but could use a little seasoning in the breading. Steaks and salmon were both big hits at our table. The buffalo chicken wrap was also good. Thought that $4.99 for a cup of soup was a bit "proud." Skip the soup but definitely stop and see if you agree that Eighteen East is a pretty solid local restaurant that gets you out of the chains and off the beaten path.

4  Thank cwbunger32