“Better then I thought...”
Review of Grand Lux Cafe

Grand Lux Cafe
Ranked #9 of 119 Restaurants in Aventura
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Pretty good for mall food! Nice and clean, good service. Would go again. Food was brought in a timely manor, and waiter was nice.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The asian tacos were an amazing appetiser and our entrees did not disappoint either. Happily recommend and look forward to eating here again.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I came here for brunch on a sunday with my husband. The waitress we had was very helpful and always smilling. I had the beignets and they were heavenly!! They came with a berry, chocolate, jack daniels dipping sauces, my favorite was the jack daniels sauce! You have to try the beignets.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

My wife and I ate at Grand Lux in Aventura Mall this week. This is a national chain restaurant - fairly nice but typical upper-end mall venue. The food was good - although somewhat inconsistent. The mini-tacos (chicken) were very good, the main dishes highly seasoned (as is common) and therefore a bit heavy. The portions are large so be careful when ordering not to over order.

The waitstaff and host staff were very good and pleasant. But the bathrooms were not clean - the toilets plugged and not properly flushed, the paper towel bins over-flowing, and this leaves a vague (or not so vague) sense of "how clean is everyone here when they are preparing and handling food?). The restaurant was not crowded - that's not an excuse - this is not high season in Florida and so it was clear that the restrooms hadn't been attended to and no one was checking them.

That's a really hot hot-button for me. If you can't pay attention to the toilet - what are you paying attention to? So altogether - although I would like to give this a four-star review - I have to drop it to three. Common guys - clean your bathrooms better.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We were seated right away as it was after the main lunch time rush. It had a lot of indoor seating as well as some tables outside. We stopped off on our way south to Miami airport. We had been at the Cafe Lux in Vegas and liked it so decided to give it a try.

Our server was friendly and efficient but slightly over the top.

The food was fine but not as large portions as we had received at Cheesecake Factory in Naples. It was slightly more expensive maybe but not significantly. We had the wood fired salmon and shrimp as mains.

The restrooms were difficult to locate tucked away behind the bar but the door back to the restaurant said staff only or something like that so I ended up walking round the perimeter if the restaurant to get back to our table.

There was little atmosphere in the place as it was so empty due to the time of day and as it was early on in the week.