“Good hotels with a few hiccups” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall

Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Aventura
Winter Park, Florida
“Good hotels with a few hiccups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is a good hotel in the North Miami area. The view is not much, but the beaches and shopping are just a few miles away. The rooms are spacious, with the bathroom fixtures needing a little work. The sink/toiletries area is separated (by a door) from toilet and shower/bath, which is a plus. The staff is generally attentive, but on two occasions during my two week business stay my room had not been cleaned when I returned at 4:30 PM in the afternoon. The bistro is more like a snack bar with a limited menu. I would stay here again, but not for a holiday, only business.

1 Thank nukeprof

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I love the Courtyard's for their consistency and, generally, this one is no different. Nice rooms, clean, good gym, Bistro, etc. There were a couple extra special things about the Aventura Courtyard though. Check out the attached picture of the "bathing buddy." I appreciated the ducky for the smile it gave me which is an automatic mood improver.

Additionally, I was given a complimentary market gift because I'm a Marriott rewards member. Member or not, I've never had a Courtyard do this for me. Again, it's another little thing that makes this a nice hotel.

The location is just off of Biscayne so it's safer to walk around to local restaurants and in the Aventura area. This is definitely my go to place.

Scandia, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is and will always be my go-to hotel for market visits to my client. It's clean. It's quiet. There's a plethora of great dining that you can walk to. And, there's Latoya. I came in two nights ago after one of those travel days that made me want to crawl into a corner, curl up and suck my thumb. The topper was a problem with my credit card that inexplicably left me with pocket change for 24 hours. But Latoya got me checked in, figured out a way we could use cash to cover most of it and voile; I was in my room. I wanted to kiss her. The hotel industry should clone her and insist that she be the first person guests meet.

2 Thank Layover
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Nice cost/benefit relation. Hotel staff always in a good mood e helpful. The localization is perfect for anyone visiting Miami for shopping or just in vacation. Everything really near by, in walking distance (if you want to challenge Miami's hot weather this time of the year). Aventura mall is a great place and you will find pretty much everything you need and the prices are not that different from outlet shops in Sawgrass Mills or Dolphin Mall, with the "plus" of been in a nice environment and lots of good restaurants choices. Free parking and wifi (including in the rooms - definitely pluses)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I live on an island, so every year I fly to Miami and go to Aventura for one reason: shopping. Well, two, actually: Cheesecake Factory.

The location of this hotel is ideal, just a walk around the corner to the Aventura mall (wear your sneakers!) and of course the Cheesecake Factory. This is the best mall I've been to for sure. There are also really close shops in plazas (like Old Navy, DSW) that took just one minute to walk to. This is my usual spot to stay now and I love it.

The staff are so friendly, the hotel is really nice inside and the rooms are great. Enough space for all my shopping bags! The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The A/C unit was a tiny bit loud for my liking, but it really didn't bother me enough to deduct points here.

The little restaurant in the lobby serves a good breakfast. We only just discovered that there is a pool (we usually are shopping the whole time) and it was really nice to lay by and go for a swim. I noticed that some rooms do have a little balcony over the pool, so I will try to request one next time.

Love the scale that they provide in the lobby by the elevators that you can weigh your bags before heading back to the airport.

I definitely recommend this place to anyone and will definitely continue to stay here on my annual shopping binges!

Room Tip: There are some rooms with balconies overlooking the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank krispy6
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

In town on business and stayed here for 9 nights. My colleagues all commented on just how friendly and helpful the staff were. In fact there were about 300 of my colleagues staying at this hotel, and I didn't hear one complaint about this place. Instead we all observed the staff 'can do' attitude was great - they could think outside the box to come up with the best solution for all - and it was refreshing that no one had their hand out.

This hotel has lots of plus points;
- Free WiFi that was pretty fast and worked
- A printer in the reception area you could use without any charge!
- Free parking
- Good location
- A choice of freshly brewed coffees to takeaway

The food was ok, nothing special. I did however appreciate being able to eat granola, yoghurt and fruit at breakfast.

The rooms were clean, well furnished and decorated in an attractive contemporary manner, and the hotel cleaner had a great sense of humour.

If you are on business and a need a solid base, I'd recommend this hotel. The reception / bar area had a happy welcoming feel to it. It wasn't clinical, cold and corporate. If I am ever back in the area, I will use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
providenciales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was here for several days. The reception was always fantastic, the front desk very accommodating. Nice gym, good place to snack and drink, handy location next to restaurants and lots of shopping either at the mall or surrounding abundant shops

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aventura
Residence Inn Miami Aventura Mall
Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aven...
#2 of 5 in Hallandale Beach
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,517 reviews
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach

Been to Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall? Share your experiences!