“Good Italian/American restaurant” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bella Luna

Bella Luna
Ranked #8 of 113 Restaurants in Aventura
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Miami, Florida
“Good Italian/American restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

it's a pleasure have a good Italian restaurant inside Aventura Mall , lunch and dinner r no bad
Iwas there 3 times and really i prefer this place for dinner .
the menu is really terrific u can found all the italian dishes from fish , pasta and pizza !! if u like Tiramisu cake ... don't esitate to try delicious. Puttanesca pasta and Amatriciana pasta are the best like Risotto no bad....
Service is very good nice people very fast and manager too ! after shopping is a great place to enjoy italian cucina adatped to american taste.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
“Intentional rip off”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

We had dinner at Bella Luna on valentines day.I think it was our servers first day there.It took her half hr to take our order since she had to keep running back to ask questions.
The specials of the night for fish,pasta, etc are the prices of the most expensive restaurants .Our friend ordered a shrimp cocktail to start( not posted on the menu) as we saw some go by.There were 4 shrimp with cocktail sauce.The waitress did not tell us the price and when the bill came it was $28.95 for the shrimp cocktail.The mains were @$20-$25 for a large portion.$28.95 for a shrimp cocktail??REALLY???Maybe at Il Mulino or a fancy south each restaurant but in a casual Italian restaurant in Aventura mall????Our friend complained and the manager rudely took off $6.00.There attitude is terrible and although the main courses were good we will never go back there.They are intentionally trying to rip you off by charging exorbitant prices for things not posted on their menu.The baked Bronzino special was $36.95.OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!
Buyer beware.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Foodie18171
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excellent like Carpaccio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I had the pleasant surprise to find out that Bella Luna is from same owner of Carpaccio Restaurant. As in Carpaccio, I asked for carpaccio! The best one!

Visited February 2014
Miami, Florida
“Awful. Just awful.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I don't know why I thought I should give this place another chance. My last visit was pretty bad, but I was at the mall on a Sunday afternoon and felt that a pizza and a glass of wine would be ideal. So I made the unfornature mistake of visiting Bella Luna again.

Our waitress came by, took our orders for 2 glasses of wine and bruschetta. We also ordered a Margherita pizza. The bruschetta came, we ate. 10 Minutes later the pizza came out.

Now if you guys know Italian food, then you know margherita pizzas are typically mozzarella, basil, tomatos/tomato sauce. And they're white.
This pizza came out ORANGE (think Chuck E Cheese). It was soggy, and the dough was uncooked. It was the most pathetic, unappetizing margherita I've had the misfortune of seeing.

I did not want to eat a piece of this monstrosity, but my BF said "I'll try it"

He took a bite which then he had to gag on and spit out, proclaiming it to be "disgusting"

So, here we are, grossed out by this pizza. We figure, forget it, we'll just have them take it back and we will leave. So we wait.
And we wait.
And we wait.
Several servers (including our own) pass by our table, glancing at the untouched pizza and us sitting there with empty wine glasses and… Nothing.

So we wait some more. After about 20 minutes of waiting for ANYONE to come ask us if everything's ok, or do we need anything, we decide to get up ourselves and flag down our waitress. We showed her the pizza and she even agreed that it was raw and unappealing. We asked her to take it off our bill, and please, give us the bill. She said "I have to ask my manager first but ok"

I saw her walking over to the manager explaining what happened. He just nodded and walked away. Did not come over to apologize, or offer us anything else. Simple as that.

I realize most of their customers are tourists and these people couldn't care less about what they think - but do they forget CUSTOMER SERVICE?

And with a thing like the internet, wouldn't you at least pretend to care? At all?

Ah well. I tried to give them another chance, but they messed up again. Bye-Bye Bella Luna.

• Visited February 2014
BAY SHORE
“Over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

The service was attentive, but since the outdoor section was empty I could have done without one server rudely sweeping around our feet. The seafood special was good and should be at $38.95, one and a half times the price of other Main courses. The Caesar salad was good. The bread was good. The veal Milanese was dry. However, Bella Luna rips you off on the wine. They charged $38 plus tax plus tip for a Badiola Super Tuscan that retails for $11.99. That is obscene. We won't be back; it's grossly over priced for what it is.....a mall restaurant.

Visited February 2014