“Average Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is a very busy, noisy and boisterous Italian restaurant located inside the Aventura mall.
The menu carries a variety of pastas and standard Italian dishes.
Service was courteous and fast but with certain shortcomings such as missing silverware, plates and glasses for some of the guests.
For the most part, the pastas were mushy, overcooked and tasteless. Had to send back my spaghetti vongole (with clams) since it was drowned in broth and garlic, only to be returned cold and tasteless; finally gave up and discarded the dish, it was simply uneatable. The other guests did not fare any better with their pastas but they had a bit of better luck with the veal dishes.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

A pleasant restaurant, but an every day lunch for 2 without dessert, without wine cost us U$100.

Description of the blow:

I felt like eating fish . The menu had 3 fish dishes and both were priced 22.95 . I was determined by one of them when the waitress suggested, "we have a today's special trout which is great ." I accepted the recommendation. The dish was ok not to say mediocre, very small . When the bill came , I realized that trout cost more than $ 50.

I understand that I should have asked the price , but from my experience of traveller (and then I checked it with a couple of Americans) , the price of daily specials often regulate with normal menu dishes. Or, as a friend from Madison WI told me, specials should be cheaper because it means they were bought in bulk .

2nd act. My wife ordered a pina colada - and did not like , but that's okay . When she finished , the waitress brought another . My wife said she had not asked the second and the waitress insisted , " you asked , will have to pay ." We did not pay but the embarrassment was big.

Now, the worst of all: the cynical smile of joy from the waitress when I complained the price of trout. " you did not ask the price, now you pay (hahaha smile!)." For me it was the official recognition that the restaurant is a trap .

By the way: food was mediocre.

1  Thank GustavoSette
Reviewed September 18, 2013

During our recent stay in Aventura we visited again, several times, our favorite Italian restaurant Bella Luna. The staff and the management is excellent and super friendly. The food is of a high quality for such a busy and informal restaurant. We never were let down. The prices are very friendly, good portions and very taste food.
Unfortunately, as we come there regular, the menu is not changed that often, so all very predictable. But still, we will come back as we always enjoy the ambiance, the buzz, the food and the service.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Bella Luna is a place where you know you won't go wrong when ordering.
The menu has everything, dishes are simple, and both adults and children like them.
Starters, appetizers, salads, and soups are tasty, simple and normal sizes.
I recommend as starters: calamari fritti, burrata, or the seasonal dish: delicious artichokes in a creamy sauce.The Ceasar salad has the perfect dressing. All main courses are outstanding. We loved the tortellini Bella Luna, chicken Bella Luna, fettuccini Alfredo or spaghetti frutto de mare.
The service is fast and very efficient. Our waitress was very polite and took care of all the details. I liked it, and it is the perfect spot to have a good meal, when you have spent a long afternoon in the mall.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Like all of the sister restaurants in this small chain, you can count on decent if not spectacular Italian food and fast efficient service. Managers always have an eye on every table, even when it's busy, which is most of the time. Best bets are pastas and specials, be careful with shrimp and mussels which often don't taste fresh. Agnolotti Bella Luna is particularly good. Don't expect to find any gems on the wine list,it looks like it was put together by a wine wholesaler who probably prints the menus for free. I have dined here more than 50 times over the past few years, maybe closer to 100 because it's conveniently located by my office.