“Happy Birthday to you!!”
Review of Bella Luna

Bella Luna
Ranked #7 of 114 Restaurants in Aventura
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Minneapolis
“Happy Birthday to you!!”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The food was great. I had the vegetable soup and caesar salad, my daughter had the mushroom linguini and my husband had pizza. The service was pretty good. There were a lot of birthdays that night and the waiters kept getting pulled away to sing. The place was PACKED on a Thursday night and people were still getting seated at 9:30 p.m. We like it. Would go back.

Visited April 2013

• Hebrew first
Perth, Australia
“Good Food and Service here”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

For a restaurant in a Mall this place is surprisingly good!! Seafood Linguine and the Mushroom Risotto was excellent. Good wine selection also. There were 3 of us and not overly hungry - so opted to share the 2 dishes. Good size serves and enough to satisfy us. Contrary to other reviews in regards to mediocre service - and given the place was "buzzing" - we could not fault the speedy and efficient manner in which we were looked after. Would go back!!

• Visited March 2013
Dendermonde, Belgium
“linguine vongole was ok”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

after 2 hours shopping in the mall we eat here and took the linguine vongole ,and this was very good but the service is indeed (like in previous reviews) not top .. no organization.. rude .. unfriendly ... we eat at the terrace and that was nice not because it is a romantic place but people are leaving their car there and a lot of people entered then the mall near the terrace so it is a nice place for watching people :-)

• Visited March 2013
Miami, Florida
“Disgusting Food, Rude Server”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I reviewed this place in the past and gave it 5 stars. It *used* to be my favorite restaurant and I've been going there since I was 12 years old. I used to like the manager (he was always nice) but they have let this place go to ****. Well, after this experience, it will be my LAST time there.

My boyfriend and I arrived at 10:20PM (they don't close until 11). We seated ourselves outside. The minute the waiter came to our table, he immediately looked at his watch (wow, rude). Ok, whatever. We were given menus and asked for wine menus. The server asked us if we could please order already. Good thing I already knew what I wanted because he gave us all of 30 seconds to order!

We ordered a bottle of wine, and I ordered the linguine tres funghi (same dish I've been getting for the last god knows how many years) and my BF ordered a stuffed chicken. The server brought the wine, and looked at his watch again. OK WE GET IT!
I asked if I could have extra mozzarella (I have always asked for this) and the server told me it was going to cost extra (it never did before) but I agreed.

So, we get our entrees. Mine was supposed to be a pasta with 3 different types of mushrooms. And guess what kinds they all were? CANNED BUTTON MUSHROOMS. They looked like playdough! I myself cook with ALL sorts of mushrooms (not canned obviously) so I know my stuff. Even my BF was grossed out.

When the server came to our table (checking his watch again) I said to him: "Hey Im not going to ask you to take this dish back or refund me or anything, but what exactly are the kinds of mushrooms you use in it?"
He proceeded to stutter and go "Uhhh... umm... well... it's 3 types"
And I said "OK what types?"
He said "Well... uhhhhhmmm... there's regular mushroom and some other types."
Knowledgeable server, huh?
So I ask "Do they happen to be canned mushrooms?"
He says "Uh... No? They are dried mushrooms."
Porcini you mean? No. They were not reconstituted porcinis. I said I know my mushrooms.
So I said "Ok thanks!"

He walks away from our table, a buddy of his comes up to him, he looks back at our table, waves his hand as if dismissing us and ROLLS HIS EYES AT US! Wow! Because I asked a question? Nice service guy!

We attempted to eat quickly (well, my BF although he didn't finish his dry gooey cheap cheese chicken either. I couldn't really finish my CANNED MUSHROOM DISH) and the server came up to us with the check (we weren't even through the meal or wine yet) and left, checking his watch. It was 11:05! Come on!

We left him a 15% tip (although I don't think we should have) because we are not rude like that.

NEVER COMING BACK AGAIN. You can buy canned mushrooms at the grocery store and mix it with cheap dried pasta and save yourself the money and trouble.

• Visited February 2013
Santa Clara, CA
“Excellent Food, Good Service”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was only my second time at the Aventura Mall, but I'm surprised to read the "Waiter couldn't speak English" review, as it really isn't uncommon in the area to find someone who doesn't speak English. Hardly a reason to be rude to the waiter.

We arrived late, as that was the hour that everyone could make it. The food was good, the appetizers were good, the service was excellent. Every staff member we spoke to was friendly, accommodating. The manager came by several times to ensure that we had everything we wanted.

The staff operates like they've been working together for years, and everything is efficient and smooth.

Best restaurant in a mall is accurate. Great restaurant for any location.

• Visited February 2013