“Pleasant surprise in Aventura” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pilar Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Pilar Restaurant & Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ives Dairy Road
Description: Pilar is a gourmet American bistro in the heart of Aventura. We present a variety of dishes using locally sourced and sustainable ingredients whenever possible. Pilar's menu offers a wide range of exciting choices delivered daily like Scottish Salmon and Yellowtail Snapper to succulent scallops, shrimp and Pilar's famous filet mignon, burgers, and brisket for the meat eaters all paired with unique, savory flavors. Pilar also features risottos, a variety of meats, pastas, vegetarian options and seasonal daily daily specials. The bar at Pilar is contemporary with a neighborhood vibe offering premium cocktails, craft beers, wines and a daily happy hour from 4-7pm and 9:30pm till close. Awarded "Best Value" in "Bon Appetite" magazine , Pilar remains a place where you can eat "great food at even greater prices". There is something for everyone to enjoy at Pilar!
“Pleasant surprise in Aventura”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We found this lovely place completely by chance while shopping in the area. The menu is short whuch usually means everything is fresh, and it was.
Our waiter Shawn was very professional and ensured that we had all we needed during the entire meal. We tried the crispy calamari, jumbo shrimp, yellow snapper, bbq brisket, and "Luis" burger.
Everything was fantastic. The iced tea was fresh and really tasty.
I will come back to this one.

Sunny Isles Beach
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hmmm????”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I loved this place a couple months back. The swordfish filet was AMAZING - perfectly cooked and a HUGE portion, absolutely the best I've seen in So. Fla. A signature dish.

I went there last night with friends and found that Pilar had been sold in the last ten days, and there was a new menu. We met tableside with the new owner, who said he had a new chef from Italy. Fine - but no swordfish on the new menu (the reason I came back in the first place). I told him how good the dish was, and he was dismissive.

OK, I ordered the snapper filet that he and the server recommended. Great, but TINY. I could've eaten the entire dinner in 90 seconds,

My friend spoke later with the owner, and gave him some suggestions about what he though needed improvement (like new wine glasses with big bowls to accentuate the flavor of the $80+ red he brought along, instead of small K-Mart white wine glasses), and larger portions. Unfortunately, owner seemed distracted, said he would be ordering new glasses, and...who knows?

My take: Pilar will fail unless they double the portions and add the favorites from the old chef that people liked.

I'll wait until I see a bunch of positive reviews before I go back again.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank SIBJR
Miami, Florida
“diappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

i have been to this restaurant more than a few times. my experience this evening was very disappointing. the spinach salad came in with none of the ingredients that were mentioned on the menu, and we had to wait another 15 min for another salad. my wife and i each had a burger, she ordered a med/well and i ordered a med/rare. hers came fully cooked and mine was barely medium/well. we also ordered a side of sauteed spinach that was the same salad spinach with some oil and garlic powder that was warmed up in the micro oven. surely, didn't touch the pan, completely raw. we started with a beer that we selected from a list of 6-7 choices on the menu, but when we asked for a second bottle, they run out of it. the sweet fries were the best part of the meal. tonight they didnt deserve more than 1 star, but our server, Jessie, was very efficient and apologetic. will we go there again, yes, because one cannot judge a place based one one review or on one visit.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Aventura, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always a very good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

After being here many times with family and friends, Ican say that always we have good service, the food is always good, and they have good choices of wine

• Visited August 2013
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Food, relaxed atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

The food is excellent, this is a fish lover paradise! The meat is also excellent.
We ordered the salmon and the scallops and were cooked to perfection, as well as skirt steak. We loved the Shrimp Spring Rolls!
Reasonable prices for a sophisticated dinner and very good quality of food.
The only downside was the restrooms... not as clean as expected for a fine restaurant (men and women same situation).
A place to recommend!