“A disappointing first visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Pilar Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Pilar Restaurant & Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ives Dairy Road
Description: Pilar is a gourmet American bistro in the heart of Aventura. We present a variety of dishes using locally sourced and sustainable ingredients whenever possible. Pilar's menu offers a wide range of exciting choices delivered daily like Scottish Salmon and Yellowtail Snapper to succulent scallops, shrimp and Pilar's famous filet mignon, burgers, and brisket for the meat eaters all paired with unique, savory flavors. Pilar also features risottos, a variety of meats, pastas, vegetarian options and seasonal daily daily specials. The bar at Pilar is contemporary with a neighborhood vibe offering premium cocktails, craft beers, wines and a daily happy hour from 4-7pm and 9:30pm till close. Awarded "Best Value" in "Bon Appetite" magazine , Pilar remains a place where you can eat "great food at even greater prices". There is something for everyone to enjoy at Pilar!
hollywood
“A disappointing first visit”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Surviving over ten years in the restaurant business is a good accomplishment so I thought I would try Pilar. The PEI mussels were shriveled as if they were made from frozen mussels or pre-cooked. The tuna tartare served two ways was not prepared professionally, it was not chopped through, pieces were stringy. The shrimp spring rolls were very greasy as if the were cooked in old oil that was not heated to the proper temperature. The snapper was ok. Maybe the chef was not there, but I'm hesitant to try I again.

• Visited July 2013

Clinton, Tennessee
“Always a favorite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Wanted to treat my hosts to dinner and didn't want to go far. This is the third time I've been there over the years and it's always a good choice. This time I had the Shrimp Spring Rolls (delicious) and Seared Scallops. Others at our table had the Yellowtail Snapper and one of the steaks (can't remember which). No food was left behind. It's a little pricey but worth it. The only surprise was one of us ordered a Bloody Mary and they couldn't do it - out of mix. Staff is friendly, it was early on a weekday so it wasn't crowded. I wouldn't mind going every time I visit.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank zenarmour
elizabeth, colorado
“What a Treat!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

While visiting South Florida we decided to dine at the restaurant. Everything we ordered was wonderful. 5 of us in total for dinner. This is what we enjoyed for the evening: Roasted Beet Salad, Flash Fried Fresh Calamari, Shrimp Spring Rolls, Yellowfin Tuna Two Ways (unanimous favorite), Seared Scallops, Grilled Mahi Mahi, Grilled Yellowfin Tuna Steak (favorite), and had a chocolate desert which the name has escaped my mind. Everyone was extremely pleased and went away completely full!!!! Give it a try...you won't be disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Looks like a lunch at Mc Donald's is'nt that bad after all !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Either we came at a bad day or the cook went fishing again.There are pictures of fishing trips and boats all over The only reason I gave it a token ** is how can you mess up a salad? There we sat,and sat, we could time the waiter with a calender forgot us. " SORRY" My friend had the fish with asparagus, it was so tough my friend needed a saw, Bread plates on the table yes ,four of them, bread . NO LUCK ! STILL BAKING. We could have had a better lunch at MC Donald's and you can too ! Then came the bill it was $50 with a $4 sales tax , which being a math teacher means 8% sale tax in a state that has 6%, I asked him to explain, he looked at me like I came from the planet
UR ANIS. As we got up to escape from here, I heard a lady seated at a table near the bar say " will someone please help us . PLEASE ! " WE HAVE BEEN WAITING SOOO LONG." Run don't walk out of here !

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“Delicious! Come eat in this strip mall!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Finally found a strip mall restaurant with delicious food. Ordered skirt steak medium with Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoe mashed. Steak had enough red yet tender and flavorful. The mash sweet potatoes were great and not over done with the usual cinnamon and such. My friends had scallops, another the chicken and the last the shrimp dish. They are all raving how good it was. Dessert! Of course. Beignets were plentiful and covered with the right amount of chocolate sauce powdered sugar nd caramel. At the table we also had the apple walnut crumb pie with ice cream. Soooo good. Service was on top of her game and pleasant. Stop here to eat! Your stomach will thank me.