“Rude Waitress, Stark Atmosphere”
Review of Bagle Works - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bagle Works
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 20, 2012

When we walked in, there was nobody at the hostess desk to greet customers, so a waitress came over and I asked her to see a menu. After 30 seconds of glancing at the menu, we decided to stay and eat. The same waitress who let us view the menu was about to seat us. She asked if we'd like a booth (right behind the hostess station), and I Quote "In case we wanted to BOLT". Can you believe she would say that to a customer?? The atmosphere was sort of bland, mostly grey and having a cafeteria feel to the restaurant. It is lacking pictures on the avocado green wall, and just did not have that warm, inviting feel. None of the wait-staff was smiling or overly friendly. I ordered my eggs soft scrambled, and they were well done and I was not able to eat them. The only time the waitress came over was to bring us our bill. I said "I was not able to eat the eggs, they were very well done". She replied, "I can see that". and simply dropped off my bill and walked away. When I went to pay, I explained to the cashier what had happened, and she was VERY apologetic, and said she would get the manager to talk to me and get the 5.00 egg charge removed from my bill. Well, after waiting no less than 5 minutes, the manager never came out to talk to me. I waited, and I waited, and finally said to the cashier, "I have to leave, it's only 5.00." She apologized that no manager came out, and discounted my bill the 5.00. The cashier also told us that our waitress was having an "off day", and apologized again. With that being said, we most likely will not return there.