“Dumpy Residence Inn”

Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Aventura
Reviewed December 8, 2008

We stayed at the Residence Inn Saturday Night Dec 6 for a family wedding. Our room was clean. It was also small, extremely smelly, oppresive, and had very old furniture. The pool area is small and already shady when we got there so it was not a nice place to sit. Some of the desk staff did not understand my English and did not address our complaint about our room. The hotel was filled with noisy students which made short work of the free breakfast. We regularly stay at Marriott properties, this was the worst of the hotels. I read the other reviews and wonder if we stayed at the same hotel. We found the hotel extremely expensive for the services provided. There are signs around about the upcoming renovations. Don't go until those renovations are completed.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank real_in_philly
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall

Reviewed December 7, 2008

We did a precruise stay here using Marriott points. It is located about halfway between Ft Lauderdale and Miami, about 12 miles from the Ft Lauderdale airport. We had a one bedroom suite and it had a mini kitchen complete with a dishwasher. They have a pool and a hottub and a complete breakfast. It is located by the Aventura mall and many grocery and liquor stores. Highly recommended and if you like seafood try the Rustic Inn in Ft Lauderdale. The staff was friendly and we were able to do an early checkin after a redeye flight.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2008

The Residence Inn is a typical Residence Inn once you walk through the doors. What makes this hotel special is location location location! Our friends stayed across the street at the Turnberry and were shocked at their price tag compared to ours. It's located walking distance to the Aventura Mall and the surrounding area is gorgeous. The hotel staff seemed uninformed. First the guest relations advised that our room would be ready at 2:30pm. When we arrived at 3pm our room was not ready, but she rectified it by upgrading us to a 2 bedroom. The act of getting ice was daunting. We were told there was a happy hour but when we went to enjoy, we were told they don't have happy hour on Saturdays. My shower on Sunday took awhile to get hot water. The pool area is uneventful and there are much more attractive backyard pools in Florida. The breakfast was satisfactory and the area was well kept as diners moved on. If you decide to head out for a walk or jog, the area is gorgeous for that. Be careful, though, as the locals seem to think they can take over the entire sidewalk and not move over when approaching.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I stayed here on a recent trip to the Miami area. It was very centrally located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, which is why I picked it in the first place.

My room was nice (actual suite with a door between the living area and the sleeping area) and I was right next to the laundry room, which was convenient as this was a longer trip than I originally packed for.

The evening social food was fine, with the exception of the "Manager's Toast" which only provided cheese and crackers. However, the reasonably priced market had a nice selection of frozen entrees that were pretty good.

The pool area was very clean and comfortable, and check-in / check-out was quick and easy.

This will become my new home in South Florida as I am there for several days at a time, several days per month.

IMPORTANT - If you are staying here on business, allow 15 minutes extra getting out to I-95 in the morning. The traffic from the hotel to the interstate goes through a residential section and there is a school speed zone.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank davidmeyer
Reviewed August 26, 2008

This is an older hotel, but surprisingly well maintained. The rooms are very clean, and the bathrooms did not have mildew or any awful smells. The overall stay was comfortable.

My wife and I checked in early, and we were hungry after our long flight in to Miami. We sat in their restaurant and were surprised it was a complementary breakfast buffet. It was one of the best surprises on our trip. The food was not the best quality, especially the eggs, but the variety was excellent. We made our own belgian waffles and had a relaxing breakfast each day we were there.

We would stay their again.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed May 28, 2008

Just returned from a 3 night stay at the Residence Inn - Aventura - visting my mother in the area. First I want to say that for the price - this property cannot be beat. I had a 2-bedroom suite, which worked wonderfully for my daughter and myself and being close to the hugh mall was great to run over and not spend a lot of time in traffic as the area is quite busy.
This area is quite upscale and the other option - The Turnberry Resort across the street is expensive and fine if you need a resort - but if you are visiting relatives like we were this property works great.
The front desk staff is efficient and courteous and were very helpful when I needed to rent a car at the last minute and were able to have the Hertz people pick me up within an hour of placing the call.
The rooms were very clean but overall I think the property is due for a renovation and updating. I just returned from another Residence Inn which had been updated and the difference was quite noticeable.
The breakfast room - could and should be enlarged as it gets quite crowded and noisy and it is difficult for the staff to get around the people and tidy up.
The pool area faces the parking lot - not terribly attractive - but keep in mind this is not a resort and you are not paying resort prices - so for a quick swim or an hour or so sitting outside it is really fine.
The free internet is out of the way and appears to work fine for the few people that need it.
Across the street is a great walking -running avenue - busy with local residents and very welcoming in the morning to start your day.
All in all - this property works for business and people not looking to stay on site during the day. I will definately stay again when visiting my mother for the convenience and price.
The hotel is close to all highways without the feel of being on a highway.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank Coco#55
Reviewed May 24, 2008

There is nothing that I could find lacking about this hotel. I am Marriott Platinum Elite and have stayed at many, many Marriott properties. This hotel is great, and has all that I need for a business trip (with a litle fun on the side):
- Excellent location: not far from major highways, gas stations, a major shopping mall, moderately priced restaurants and supermarkets
- An exercise walking path is literally outside the door
- Pool
-Friendly and accomodating staff
-Pleasant room decor without the usual "musty" Florida smells
-Rooms that are clean and cared for
-Nice exercise room always available
-Complimentary breakfast and social hour
-More than ample free parking
-Free Internet access
-Complimentary computer stations to check emails, etc.

My room was always serviced by the time I returned from my business appointments (4 PM) with supplies and towels being replaced.
I didn't find anything lacking about this hotel and would recommend it to both family and friends. I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Criticaltraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aventura
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
Sole on the Ocean
#3 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall? Share your experiences!