“Perfect Hotel For Shopping”

Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Aventura
curerich01
“Perfect Hotel For Shopping”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We were welcomed by a very helpful lady on reception! Nothing was too much trouble and even phoned us to ensure we were happy with our room! The room is very spacious with excellent cooking and washing facilities! Clean rooms with a seating area! Lovely surroundings and perfect for shopping at the Aventura Mall and Restaurants! Overall if I was back in Miami for a couple of nights for shopping i would stay here!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank curerich01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Hebrew first
Orpington
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent 2 nights at residence inn Aventura Mall mid October 2012
Staff were very welcoming and helpful. Hotel was quite clean. The usual Marriott high standard.
Proximity to the Aventura Mall made shopping so easy and we also went to the food court several times for our meals. Nice swimming pool too.
All in all a great experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Toun L
NC
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This is a decent property, I do like Residence Inns so I have the fridge/micro if I need it, even for short business stays. Thsi property was nice, and resonably clean, nothing super-special or outstanding....but I got a good deal & the proximity to my business event was close. I had the option of staying at the Trump Int'l, but for the points, I would stay here again. The Courtyard nearby looke OK as well. My only complaint is that the WIFi here is deplorable. Bring your own MiFi because the free WiFi would not even load a webpage like Yahoo.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Seriously, what else could you possibly ask for? Convenience, convenience, convenience! Location, breakfast, Mall, Exercise options, restaurants, etc.
Park down the street about 5 blocks...perfect for the kids.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bonnye B
Toronto
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel Sept.28 to 30, 2012 for a wedding.
Our wedding rate of $135 per night provided us with a generous sized room with a complete kitchen (stove, full size fridge, microwave, dishes, etc.) and a bedroom separated from the living room. The room was very modern and clean.

The buffet breakfast was very good. And while coffee/tea is available throughout the day, I would have appreciated a bowl of apples or plate of cookies throughout the day as is the custom in other Marriott hotels.

There are two desktop computers for guest use. The hotel has free wi-fi. The outdoor pool is clean and has plenty of towels available. The gym is in very good shape. Parking is free.

All the staff were very courteous and pleasant.

The value for money was exceptional (although I realise that wedding rates are purposely attractively priced because of the large number of rooms booked).

The hotel's parking lot is adjacent to a small strip plaza that includes a Publix supermarket; and the insanely large Aventura Mall is across from the plaza.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
San Pedro Garza Garcia, Mexico
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel is comfortable, small and convenient. Breakfast is just ok. Pool is small but not crowded. The rooms are big, they all have kitchen and a small living room. This hotel is very close to the Aventura Mall, walking distance of about 5 Minutes. If you are planning to visit south beach, ocean drive and so, you would have to take a taxi for about 50 dolls to get there

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I stayed at this property August 9th-11th and it was my first time visiting the Residence Inn brand. It was a great experience. When we first arrived (after a 17 hour drive from Baltimore) we were EXHAUSTED! And early, which I know doesn't guarantee a room. When we arrived a little after 11am we were told FOSSE was down (I'm quite familiar with this unfortunate event since I'm a Marriott associate myself) so we waited about 5 minutes and it was up and running! The associates were extremely friendly and were very helping, especially since our room was ready!

The room was great! Clean, no problems. The next day we left and were out all day and housekeeping still hadn't shown up by almost 5 pm. No biggie, we just called the front desk and literally as soon as we hung up a housekeeper was there. Wow! Amazing service. I understand in the hospitality environment people can be really anal about things and sometimes staff can make honest mistakes, forget, or any circumstance. I really wasn't in a rush but that was definitely a great, quick resolution. I didn't get a chance to swim but their were plenty of people enjoying themselves and it looked clean and cool! The bathrooms on the main floor were ALWAYS clean and are really nice.

The breakfast was AMAZING, there was a great staff that worked together to feed a HUGE room full of hungry people :) the area was beautiful and big. There were SO many breakfast options and it was set up very well. There was even a soda machine available which is great for soda drinkers (I personally am not) but I went straight for the Nestea! It was great to see they had a system in order for breakfast because I know at my property we've have a few issues with nearby hotel guests enjoying our free breakfast...

The fact that it was so close to the mall and nearby stores was great. Near the beach and not a bad drive to downtown Miami either. Great location and it's across from restaurant that was highly recommended to me but we never got the chance to visit. We went to a Brazilian steakhouse about 10 minutes away, Area Code 55. Awesome place! Reasonably priced, like a more formal and cheaper Fogo de Chao.

I'd definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again should I come back to Miami in the near future :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsH1106
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aventura
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
Sole on the Ocean
#3 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Beach Surfside

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall? Share your experiences!