“Surprisingly Good for a mall restaurant”

The Grill on the Alley
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill on the Alley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 116 Restaurants in Aventura
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Grill on the Alley Aventura is located in the Aventura Mall, which is ranked as the number one shopping destination among international visitors. The Grill on the Alley was opened in 1984 as a living tribute to the great American grills of yesterday. In time, it has established itself as one of the country's leading restaurants, praised by writers across the country. The menu is classic American grill - prime steaks, fresh seafood, traditional dishes such as chicken pot pie or meatloaf and mashed potatoes, and homemade desserts. Named to The Fine Dining Hall of Fame by Nation's Restaurant News, The Grill is home of the entertainment industry's "power lunch," but is also open for dinner seven days a week.
Bethesda, Maryland
“Surprisingly Good for a mall restaurant”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had heard good things about this restaurant so gave it a try for dinner. It has an upscale feel, good service, and very good food. We sat outside and had a delightful time watching all the shoppers. I spilt a chicken pot pie with one of the others in our party and was treated to a delicious creamy pot pie with an enormous crust. The kitchen actually prepared two separate pot pies for us instead of having us carve it up at the table. That was classy and well appreciated. Our other dining partner had the Kobe burger that was very tasty and well prepared. I'd be happy to go back.

• Visited November 2013

Buenos Aires
“the quality of the food is good but isvery expensive”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

the place is confortable
The service is fine and the qaultiy is good

The relationship cost quality is unbalanced

• Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas
“Delicious Food and nice ambiance”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My friend took me to lunch at The Grill on the Alley when I was in Florida on vacation recently and I had a great experience. I ordered the salmon, and they served a generous portion along with a generous portion of broccoli. All were cooked just perfect. The service was excellent and the ambiance of the restaurant was very nice. I look forward to going back the next time I am in the area.

• Visited August 2013
Aventura, Florida
“not great service but good food”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stopped into the bar to get the less expensive bar menu which is available before 7. YOu can either sit at the bar or else there are three tables in the bar which are available. We made the mistake of sitting at the table which seemed to guarantee us poor service. The french fries came out after ten minutes, before the salad and before the burgers so we sent them back and asked that they be brought back later. We never got a salad. When the burgers arrived, they both had mayo which our waiter wrote down that we did not want. So they made us fresh ones. When we inquired about the fries, they brought some that were soggy and not hot so we turned them down. The manager was nice enough to comp our meal because of all of the problems we had which caused us to be late for our movie. The early bar menu was not the bargain it used to be when the $8 burger came with fries.

• Visited September 2013
Toronto
“Unexpected Disappointment”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

As a Senior Contributor on tripadvisor, I am sorry to report a rating other than 5 out of 5. I have had an amazing track record up until tonight. I travel to South Florida a few times a year, and without exception, I have ALWAYS ensured that an evening at Grill on the Alley (Aventura Mall) is set aside for a special evening during my stay. Sadly, due to tonight's experience, that will no longer be the case. I want to first point out that this is a matter concerning the decision from management and NOT a matter concerning service. Leo was an excellent server and very knowledgable of the menu. (I was unsure of what to order for my entree and out of the three choices, he made it easy to decide due to his knowledge and expertise with the menu choices). My husband had ordered the 8oz Filet Mignon with a Bleu Cheese Herb Crust. (On special for the evening). Anyone who knows steaks, will appreciate and recognize that a filet mignon is (or should be) the best cut of steak. Virtually flawless, smooth and with little to no marbling, or what I refer to as "grizzle". Perhaps the standards are different at Grill on the Alley (Aventura). The steak was ordered rare. (Well, actually "blue"). It arrived perfectly 'cooked' and the issue I'm referring to does not have to do with the way in which it was prepared (i.e. having ordered it blue), but rather the quality of the cut itself. It wasn't until the steak was almost halfway consumed that there was a noticeably evident amount of fat or "grizzle". We called the restaurant on this and Leo brought it to management’s attention. Disappointed that it took management quite some time to get back to us with a decision, a manager finally came over to discuss the situation. We questioned the quality of the filet with management and the final decision was made to offer a “half price” adjustment to the meal. We felt that since the restaurant prides themselves, based on their motto “the finest in prime steaks, chops and fresh seafood”, (see photo attached), that this was a classless decision since it should have been perfect and therefore the steak/entrée should have been comped based on their motto.

• Visited August 2013