Although the Miami area is basically an adult playground while Orlando is for the kids, the Turnberry does an admirable job of catering to families while still retaining its luxury feel so the older crowd may comfortably wear their cocktail dresses and business suits in their posh restaurant along with leaving their Bentleys and Lamborghinis with valet parking.
Although accommodations for a family of five (kids 11, 11, and 7) are a little tight in one room, the family amenities give you little reason to hang in the room. The on site pool with super fast slide and nice lazy river do a quality job of entertaining the kids and the pool grille serves good food with good service. The lighted clay tennis courts are nice, although there is an added expense. They also have a nice fitness center, beautiful golf courses (didn't use), and a free shuttle to the Aventura Mall across the street along with their private beach club 10 minutes away. Their beach club was okay but the beach itself isn't the greatest... a lot of seaweed was a nuisance with many shells on the ocean floor leaving your feet a little sore... but nature is nature.
All in all... the Turnberry is a nice family resort, especially when you consider that family resorts in general are lacking in the Miami Beach area. But careful... the value of your stay depends on how much you pay per night. We visited their property when rates were $365/night... when the rates increased as Xmas approached to $600-$700/night, it wouldn't be considered such a good value anymore. But it was okay... we skipped town for Orlando when Turnberry's turned up its rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Turnberry Isle Miami is a tropical oasis with a culture of authenticity, spirited service, and enriching experiences. During your stay discover why we have been named one of the "World's Best Resorts" by Travel + Leisure Magazine. Explore 36-holes of championship golf and the elite Canas Tennis center. Relax by the Cascata Pool or lounge at the Laguna Pool and journey down the 1,600-foot Lazy River. Rejuvenate at the Wellness Spa and Fitness Center, a Forbes Four-Star rated experience. Let your palette celebrate award-winning signature chef Michael Mina at BOURBON STEAK and the American-inspired CORSAIR kitchen & bar featuring lighter comfort food. Shop the neighboring Aventura Mall or access the beach via the resort's complimentary shuttle. An Autograph Collection Hotel, Turnberry Isle Miami is a Forbes Travel Guide recommended hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry Isle Miami Hotel Aventura
- Fairmont Turnberry Isle Hotel
- Fairmont Aventura
- Aventura Fairmont
- Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection Aventura, Florida