“Very nice and great service!”

Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Aventura
Miami
“Very nice and great service!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Definitely one of the best values in South Florida. No, they are not on the beach but they make up for it by providing 5 star service. The pool is fabulous, the restaurants are excellent and the golf course looks good (I know nothing about golf!). Shopping nearby and there is a shuttle to their own private beach. Would come back.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank jadejoann4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
  • Polish first
Severn, Maryland
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband, 6 year old daughter and I spent Labor Day weekend and had a wonderful experience. When we arrived on Friday afternoon, there was no crowd at the pool and we spent the evening hours enjoying the slide, lazy river and waterfall in the family pool. We spent all day Saturday at the Beach Club - again, not too crowded, excellent service and clean, clean beach front and locker rooms.. Having the cafe and wave runners all on the property was very convenient. Sunday was spa day - the front desk representative was not as attentive as I would have liked but the rest of the staff, facilities and experience was delightful. Overall, the hotel staff was very attentive and took care of all of the details. We will definitely spend another long weekend there again soon.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Audria_Lee
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Audria,

Thank you for choosing Turnberry Isle Miami for your staycation over Labor Day weekend. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your experience and look forward to welcoming you back to our 300-acre retreat for another long weekend in the near future.

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed here in association with a conference, so we got a good rate. I stayed there two days first time, then came back and spent one more day. That said, my comments:

Service was generally very good from check-in on. They always seemed ready to go out of their way to help.

The room I had first time was GREAT! Two double (or queen) beds, extra sitting area and a porch. The room I had the second time was still large,having a king bed, but no extra sitting room area. Still, quite pleased.

The pool area is very nice. They also have a beach area that is very nice, but you need to take one of their shuttles. However, the shuttle does not run later in the evening. I do not golf, so did not take advantage of the courses.

There is one thing that I really must comment on: the internet connection. It was amazingly fast! I have been at too many hotels where the connection was painful. Here, it was pleasantly fast. Finally, hotels might be getting it.

The resort food that I had was o.k., though typically pricey for this type of place. There are other options in the area. he parking is also a bit steep ($30).

In the end, if this were one of the choices you are considering, I would give it a strong thumbs up. If you are considering having a smaller conference (I would say less than 500 people), this would be a good choice, particularly considering the internet.

Room Tip: My original room was in the Jasmine area, and that was the nice one. Maybe choose one with two beds...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Weidum, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This year February 14. we arrived late (about 10 p.m.) in the "Turnberry Isle Miami" to attend a meeting and to have a lovely time in this resort.
However it didn't meet our expectations at all.

We came from Europe and after a long trip we wanted to have a small dinner. All restaurants were closed. We only were able to have a dinner in our room (room service) what we don't like at all. After unpacking we went to the bar for a drink. Here we discovered the room service could bring the meal to the bar. At checking in why didn't they tell us about this possibility?

We were supposed to get a newspaper every morning.
We didn't! We asked for it.
In spite of repeated asking we just got one paper during our whole stay.

Bad reception of the internet. We asked to get it better. Stayed the same.

One of the worst experiences was having a real bad sleep during our stay. The first two nights we got up at 4.50 a.m. because of a lot of loud music. Our room was two stories above one of the restaurants! Probably the staff was preparing breakfast.
The third night soon we woke up by a loud noise. It appeared to be one of the other guests loud snoring. Not really sound proof rooms!
The fourth and last night of our stay we slept well with a sleeping pill!

When I was checking out I complained about these issues. The lady at the desk hardly responded. It looks like she never had heard of the word "Apology".
I was in a hurry to leave so I just let it go.

When I was checking out I also asked if everything had been paid.
It was!
Later I discovered my credit card was charged for an extra amount. I e-mailed to explain me for what I extra had to pay. Never got an answer.

Room Tip: Never choose this hotel!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Bouwe S
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
We are disheartened to learn of your experience dating back to February. Since your stay over six months ago, we have made significant improvements with the support of new leadership to ensure the daily training of our service professionals and help minimize noise over our Cascata Grill restaurant. I’m certain if you were to visit Turnberry Isle Miami today, you would experience the noticeable change. Regardless, we regret the disappointing circumstances that have led to this point. We have sent you a private message in hopes we may discuss and further learn from your experience.

Aventura, Florida
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Overall great hotel! The only thing i found is the public area are not well taking care off...dirty windows, death leafs around the pool area... I was expecting more from a autograph collection. Room-service food was poor and cold...the only good thing was the golf course!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jojo1982Barcelona
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. We sent you a private message so we may learn from your experience, and immediately addressed several of your concerns with our team.

Switzerland
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I came here for a scientific meeting. The next day after my arrival, when I came back from the beach I found my safe was opened !!! all my valuables were gone.. Not only, half of my clothes, shoes, purse, underwares, my suitcase, even the toilet articles, perfumes, body lotions. I have been travelling for 30 years all around the worl and never seen such thing. Safe was opened and locked again after being emptied.. The opening of the safe was recorded, so it must be easy to find who did that. Must be an insider.. I haven't heard yet any news from security and police, neither from hotel Management: This is a very serios event and I expect the Hotel Management will do something very soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank sebnem a
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
As the safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance to us, we take these matters seriously. Our management team is in regular contact. Thank you.

Vermont
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I spent last week at Turnberry Isle and enjoyed the lazy river, pool, private beach and large bathroom. The food I ate there was amazing. The bartender in the lobby bar and the servers near the pool all provided excellent service. Being from New England, I was a bit surprised when I spotted a gecko crawling up the wall in my room. The housekeeping staff took 30 mins to come and remove it. The blow dryer "blew" up on me and started smoking. The staff replaced it for me.
The private beach was really nice but don't expect the bartenders to come to the beach to serve you. We had to go get our own drinks.
We utilized the conference rooms and two days in a row we had little bugs crawling all over the tables. The third day they put us in a different room, after we requested it. The food they served us, was amazing.
Right outside the gate is a 2.8 mile walk/running path.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank auggies
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. We are happy to learn that your overall experience with our facilities, staff and food was excellent. Please know that we have already addressed your comments and concerns with our team and hope to welcome you back for a leisure stay in the future.

James Paul
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aventura
Residence Inn by Marriott Miami Aventura Mall
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 9 in Sunny Isles Beach
Margaritaville Beach Resort

Been to Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!