“Very unsafe!!”

Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Aventura
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I came here for a scientific meeting. The next day after my arrival, when I came back from the beach I found my safe was opened !!! all my valuables were gone.. Not only, half of my clothes, shoes, purse, underwares, my suitcase, even the toilet articles, perfumes, body lotions. I have been travelling for 30 years all around the worl and never seen such thing. Safe was opened and locked again after being emptied.. The opening of the safe was recorded, so it must be easy to find who did that. Must be an insider.. I haven't heard yet any news from security and police, neither from hotel Management: This is a very serios event and I expect the Hotel Management will do something very soon.

3  Thank sebnem a
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

As the safety and security of our guests is of the utmost importance to us, we take these matters seriously. Our management team is in regular contact. Thank you.

James Paul

Write a ReviewReviews (1,950)

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I spent last week at Turnberry Isle and enjoyed the lazy river, pool, private beach and large bathroom. The food I ate there was amazing. The bartender in the lobby bar and the servers near the pool all provided excellent service. Being from New England, I was a bit surprised when I spotted a gecko crawling up the wall in my room. The housekeeping staff took 30 mins to come and remove it. The blow dryer "blew" up on me and started smoking. The staff replaced it for me.
The private beach was really nice but don't expect the bartenders to come to the beach to serve you. We had to go get our own drinks.
We utilized the conference rooms and two days in a row we had little bugs crawling all over the tables. The third day they put us in a different room, after we requested it. The food they served us, was amazing.
Right outside the gate is a 2.8 mile walk/running path.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank auggies
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. We are happy to learn that your overall experience with our facilities, staff and food was excellent. Please know that we have already addressed your comments and concerns with our team and hope to welcome you back for a leisure stay in the future.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Stayed here for business in July. I have to say this is just not the kind of resort for me. While the rooms were beautiful and huge (especially the bathroom!) I will not be in a hurry to stay again.
The Good:
Check in staff were very friendly, even while receiving some abuse from another guest
Room was very large with comfortable bed and two sets of French doors
Bathroom was really nice, huge tub, separate shower, etc. Loved the dressing and makeup area outside the bathroom
In room coffee pot is always nice to have
The Bad:
Expensive valet parking, with no option to self park. ALWAYS had to wait, even when calling ahead and they weren't busy
Thin, cheap towels in the bathroom. Really? Everything else was so nice!
Ate at the Casitas Grill one night. Service was sloppy and didn't seem like they cared to have customers. We were one of two tables dining inside that night, they were not swamped. Food was pretty good but we felt so unwelcome we wouldn't have considered going back.
Not convenient for business travel at all. While I realize that most travelers to the resort are vacationing, in most resorts you can fit in as a business traveler. Didn't feel that here.
Bottom line, the nice rooms were not enough that I would consider staying again. Sadly, enjoyed the Courtyard by Marriott more and it was half the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank KP&TP

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are disappointed to learn of your recent experience and have privately messaged you in hopes we may connect.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Almost every month my hubby and I stay at Turnberry Isle. We can def. say that comparing to other places, Turnberry Isle isn't not only better re the large rooms, but also prices and service in the hotel, including the valet parking and luggage service. A BIG Thanks for the very helpful and always friendly David Munoz, Jorge B. and Julio V.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

We value our repeat guests and appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience at our resort. We’ll be sure to share your comments with the service professionals you mentioned and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

A great resort with golf course and nice looking pool.

Room was large, with patio overlooking the golf course. The bathroom was huge with both shower and separate tub.

Only real issue was on check out. Requested a car / taxi to get to FLL for a early morning flight and confirmed with front desk that was paying by credit card. To my surprise on arrival at FLL the taxi did not take credit cards. Other was I left my valet ticket at front desk for another guest to use my car. The front desk nor the valet could not find the ticket or receipt for the car. My friend had to go through all the keys in the valet station to find the car.

Hotel is nice but not really geared for business travel

1  Thank CNDTravel
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I am a frequent visitor to Turnberry Isle. I wanted to focus on the incredible service of the pool staff, Tyandra, Pablo, Emanuel, Patrick, Angie and their Outtanding manager Stephanie. Thank you and the rest of the staff at Turnberry for making this such a relaxing trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joe f
Turnberry-Mgmt, Director of Quality & Training at Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Joe,

Mojitos, golf, tennis and impeccable service sound like a perfect vacation. We are glad you enjoyed all four at our resort and thank you for acknowledging our hard-working pool team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Don't do it!!! It is my advise to all.

Service is the worst when it comes to concierge and moving about.
NO CAB SERVICE really? Missed our dinner Reservation twice in one night
Ended up having to rent a car to escape the poor service.
Over priced like you cannot believe.
Two drinks, pool side . $30.00. Grat @20% on everything no matter the service.
It can be, and has been go Scr-w yourself service and 20% added for insult to injury.
Locked out of room after leaving for breakfast. Worst time to be locked if there is a good time.
Bed is shot, and pad is insult to injury.

Pass you could spend half the money on a better more well maintained resort.

BTW,
Florida in general is not what it use to be.
My last trip last year I noticed the difference.
Customer service no matter where you go, rental a car, hotel, dinner or the airport total slip.
Go some place that appreciates your patronage.

Room Tip: DON'T best tip I can provide.