Leaving a chilly Boston behind, spent the better part of a week at Turnberry, attending a conference. The hotel grounds are colorful and lush, the whole place has a tremendous atmosphere of tranquility. The staff, of whom there are many (I counted at least twenty expertly managing one medium sized outside lunch for the conferees) without exception were polite, friendly and almost absurdly helpful.
The hotel has been expertly designed to feel grand without being overwhelming, with gracious walkways between wings and the pools.
The hotel upgraded our room, very good size, two queen beds, sitting area, large bathroom, and views over the practice range for the golf. Beds were extremely comfortable, and the attention to detail was evident.
Not a golfer, so I enjoyed the views of the course without experiencing the golf facilities. I did use the tennis courts on several occasions, fairly priced and a terrific addition to the hotel.
The gym (and spa, I guess), was thoroughly modern, superbly equipped and spotlessly clean.
Dinner in one of the restaurants was excellent, although pricey. The hotel is close enough to route 1 and the coast road if seeking alternatives. Hotel is ideally situated for the Aventura Mall.
For a business trip or a short stay, a perfect location - I'm not sure there is enough in the surrounding area to hold one's attention for an extended stay, and the hotel is expensive enough to have second thoughts about that anyway.
On that basis, we would recommend the hotel to anybody
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away between Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Turnberry Isle Miami is a tropical oasis with a culture of authenticity, spirited service, and enriching experiences. During your stay discover why we have been named one of the "World's Best Resorts" by Travel + Leisure Magazine. Explore 36-holes of championship golf and the elite Cañas Tennis center. Relax by the Cascata Pool or lounge at the Laguna Pool and journey down the 1,600-foot Lazy River. Rejuvenate at the Wellness Spa and Fitness Center, a Forbes Four-Star rated experience. Let your palette celebrate award-winning signature chef Michael Mina at BOURBON STEAK and the American-inspired CORSAIR kitchen & bar featuring lighter comfort food. Shop the neighboring Aventura Mall or access the beach via the resort's complimentary shuttle. An Autograph Collection Hotel, Turnberry Isle Miami is a Forbes Travel Guide recommended hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turnberry Isle Miami Hotel Aventura
- Fairmont Turnberry Isle Hotel
- Fairmont Aventura
- Aventura Fairmont
- Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection Aventura, Florida