“Not fancy. Great ambience, service and food. By one measure, one of the top 35 restaurants in Florida.”
Review of Shake Shoppe

Shake Shoppe
Ranked #4 of 5 Dessert in Auburndale
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I'd been eating lunch here for many years, but after retirement 6 years ago I've only experienced the good memories. Until yesterday, that is, when I had a sudden craving for a hot dog and a chocolate milk shake. So I drove down to the heart of Auburndale, FL, where I was not surprised to see that little had changed at the Shake Shoppe. Tiny two-window (order on the left, pick up on the right) shack, cheerful staff, and great moderately-fast food. Something new had been added -- a letter from Governor Scott was taped to the window, complimenting the Shake Shoppe on being one of only 35 restaurants in Florida with a perfect score when inspected by the State for (I suppose) cleanliness, food storage, etc. The hot dog was wonderful, and the chocolate shake (made with vanilla ice cream) was even wonderfuller. The open-air seating lends itself to conversation with perfect strangers, and I had a nice chat with a kindred retiree who was enjoying a strawberry shake.

One caution, if you come here when school is just getting out, be prepared for a wait, but enjoy the youthful crowd. I think most of AHS comes by the Shake Shoppe after school and during lunch break.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a great place to have lunch when you're out at the playground with your kids. Inexpensive however
good quality food.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you ever went to Auburndale High School then you know about the Shake Shoppe. Actually I never went to Adale High but all my kids did and they introduced me to their big glass of sweet tea and ice cream many, many moons ago. Shake Shoppe has always benefited from location, location, location. Right next to the City Park I cannot remember how many times while taking my kids and grandchildren here that they always spot the shop and start screaming "ice cream, ice cream, we all want ice cream". Hell I probably should have bought this place long ago and I would be independently wealthy by now. Its a great little place that is quaint, you can hook and walk right back across the street to the park ( which by the way has no competitor for concessions or a cold drink anywhere around). Still love the dipped chocolate bonnet cones I can get there.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My mother in law told us about this place. She said it was the "Best hamburger she ever put in her mouth". After trying the burger it was real good and followed that up with some vanilla ice cream. Nice little place that's big on good food. The cheeseburger really hit the spot and we look forward to returning again.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Order at the counter, sit outside on the benches or take out. Just plain good shakes, cones and not bad on the sandwich front. Near the high school it is the in crowd hangout after school. Great for kids as it is near the city park.