“Great food”

Smokin Jim's House of BBQ
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Auburndale
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ct
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

This place does not look like much from the road but their food is very very very very good. We go there every year and the meal last about 3 meals. The slow cooker outside smells wonderful!! Would have given them 10 stars.!!!!

1 Thank Eddie_g_guitarist

Stonham Aspall, null, United Kingdom
“Delish Pulled Pig”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

Four of us went for dinner mid week, had fabulous meal. As it was our first visit we were served a sampler plate, which was a great idea and gave us lots of choice. Service was brilliant and the pulled pig was just the best ever.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Hayley H
Winter Haven, FL
“Best Barbeque I've Had in Winter Haven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

You MUST try their ribs! They're not baby backs, but they're more tender & flavorful then any baby back I've seen in a LONG time. The meat literally falls off the bone EVERY time you try to pick one up! I'm not a fan of their BBQ sauces, but when I do carry-out I can put my own sauce on. My ONLY complaint is that their selection of sides isn't the best. The macaroni & cheese is pretty awful, they don't have a fryer (no french fries), and they only offer baked potatoes on Steak Night (Saturdays). Be sure to save room for the banana pudding; it's amazing!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Chrissytank
Hayward, Wisconsin
“Don't Judge a Book by it's Cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

One of the best kept secrets in Winter Haven/Auburndale.

If you were to drive by Smokin Jims you would be unimpressed. Viewing the parking lot you would be unimpressed. Entering the dining area you would be unimpressed. Seeing paper plates and paper cups would leave you unimpressed.

When you get your food, and begin tasting it, you will be TOTALLY IMPRESSED. They smoke their meat and poultry right alonside the parking lot and it smells wonderful. This is some of the very best barbeque I have ever enjoyed.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank DonByle
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Great BBQ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

My husband and I went to Smokin Jim's for the first time on Saturday November 30,2013. It's not fancy but it is oh so good. We both ordered the lunch rib plate. You have a choice of 2 sides with it and get 4 ribs. I was thinking it wasn't going to be enough. Boy was I wrong! The ribs had a great rub on them and yet I still had to put BBQ sauce on them. Silly me but, to each his/her own. The ribs practically fell off the bones and were very meaty. Don'tcha just love BBQ that does that?! My sides were macaroni and cheese. Plenty of both and tasted homemade. I also go the cold slaw and have no complaints on it either. Lots of dressing on it without being too much. You also get either a piece of garlic bread (thing texas toast) or corn bread. One of each for us please. They were both very good. My husband had the baked beans as one of his sides and they were hot and meaty as well as great flavored. 2 cokes rounded us out and we were full for the whole day. We got there close to noon and there was plenty of seating inside and out. Think picnic tables here with plenty of paper towels and wet wipes to clean up with. I love little touches like that. The smoker is outside next to the parking lot and the ladies were inside the restaurant filling orders and handling things there. Very pleasant waitress without being in your face all the time. Nothing fancy so wear your flip flops or better yet your bibs as one older gentlemen did. Okay, maybe a little high priced at $30.00USD for this style of lunch but you didn't feel cheated. The only thing I would do to add to the restaurant is resurface or repave the parking lot. Lots of pot holes and rough patches. But hey! That's what the cars are for! Enjoy and take my advise and make the trip over the Auburndale to Smokin Jim's.

• Visited November 2013