“Awesome Dry Rub BBQ”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Winter Haven, Florida
“Awesome Dry Rub BBQ”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Neither my husband or I like "wet BBQ" , so Smokin Jims has the perfect ribs!! A full slab is HUGE!! They offer two different sauces, but we have never used either. Baked beans are the perfect side. When we had young children, we did our own "grilling" for July 4th. For the past 3 years, Smokin' Jim's has been our take-out for the holiday. Call an order ahead and it is ready within the stated time frame. Easy take-out window...quick and polite service. MAKE sure you call to ask holiday hours.

My husband and his father enjoyed a number of eat-in lunches here.
Looks can be deceiving...if eating in, just keep driving to the back. Plenty of parking.

• Visited July 2012

Lakeland, Florida
“Best ribs conceivable!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Jim offers the greatest value for the greatest tasting ribs I have ever had. I have tried to find a better meal, but I have yet to succeed. Smokin' Jim's is world class food wrapped in a modest package. Treat yourself soon!

Visited September 2012
Winter Haven
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scrumptious!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Easy, friendly environment. Very good food...the best Barbeque! Smokin Jim is usually there and walking through to make the crowds feel very welcome. But honestly the BBQ is the best!

Visited August 2012
Lakeland, Florida
“Best BBQ Polk Co has to Offer”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Smokin Jims features real southern style BBQ with full size pork ribs and homemade sides and desserts. Lima beans, Blackeye Peas and Greens are as good as my grandma made and the Banana Pudding is amazing! We actually have family in NJ and Maryland who insist on eating there as soon as they get off the plane!

Visited August 2012
“Sometimes the simple things are the best”
Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

Smokin' Jim's is a barbecue joint, and a very good one at that. When you drive in, it looks like a tiny building facing the road. The front is their carry out, and it appeared busy the entire time we were there.

Park in the gravel lot and enter the seating area to the right of the patio area. The smokehouse is across the parking lot with a lot of catering equipment scattered about. We were immediately welcomed and drink orders were taken and specials were explained. My wife ordered the chicken with garlic potatoes, Lima beans and garlic bread. I ordered AYCE ribs with baked beans, collard greens and bread.

This restaurant does not serve atmosphere, it serves good food and friendly service. If you need linen and china to enjoy a meal, go elsewhere.

Everything was excellent. They offered a hot sauce (declined) and the tables had sweet and mild sauces. My only caution: the dry rub they used is pepper based. If you don't like that flavor, it has now been mentioned more than once in these reviews. We thought it was excellent.

My wife barely finished the two large white meat quarters on her plate. I ordered a second serving of ribs and some of the garlic potatoes, which were excellent. The meats are nicely smoked with a very tender and juicy result. The refill order of ribs was even more than the original serving.

Our bill was $28. I am still full while I sit and write this review. We will be going back.