“Okay for the money”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Hobe Sound, United States
“Okay for the money”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Room was nice, sofa bed was the worst, my poor husband and smaller child slept there. other three in the bed. it was clean and served a purpose. They need to spray for insects to keep them out. We brought food and I found a small roach crawling around the bar area. Not good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Bestwesternaub, General Manager at Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Hello Catherine A,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate all the comments left by guests both positive and negative. My staff and I will use your review as an informational tool to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for everyone. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact a member of our staff at (863) 551-3400. We welcome you to stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Phenix City, Alabama
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights for a family trip to LegoLand. Room was clean. Hotel was quiet even as full as it was. Front desk woman Elisha was the most friendly, courteous, and helpful person. She gave us some great recommendations for dinner. 15 minute drive to LegoLand. 15 minute drive to a lot of great local restaurants and attractions. We will stay here again.

Stayed June 2014
Bestwesternaub, General Manager at Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Hello Brad L!

The staff of the Best Western Auburndale Inn and Suites would like to thank you for allowing us to provide you and your family with accommodations during you exciting visit to LEGOLAND. We also thank you for the kind words directed towards the staff at the Front Desk. It was great to hear that all of the employees you were in contact with treated you so well. Hopefully we will be given that opportunity again as more events bring you back to this area. Thanks again!
naples
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Booked a King suite through the internet which does not tell you if there are doors separating the living area from the room, so called the day of arrival to confirm and was advised my room did have them. Not the case when I arrived late that night. Asked about it at the front desk the next afternoon after returning from Lake Myrtle baseball complex, and was told that was not the room I had booked afterall. Son's team was at another hotel, which I could have gotten the same open space suite for less SS. Management's response "pay the rack rate for the first night and you can leave". I did.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank tarara
Hello tarara,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. We are very sorry for the miscommunication. When booking at our property you booked a 3 night stay promotion because of this promotion you receive a discount for each night. When you requested to leave later on in the afternoon of the second day we allowed you to pay one night of our best available rate and depart with no additional charge for the night you left or third night. We are once again sorry for the inconvenience.
pbg, florida
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My kids are soccer players & have played at lake myrtle soccer complex. This hotel is convenient, clean & has free breakfast! This our go to hotel when in auburn dale. I think it's close to legoland as well :)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello secretagentgirl!

Thank you so much for taking the time out of you busy schedule to write a review about your stays with us! Your feed back is very important and we are pleased to have you as one of our guests. I am glad you have been able to enjoy our close accommodations to the Lake Myrtle Sports Complex and we hope to see you the next time you are in Auburndale!
Kendall
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I always stay here with my sons team . We love this hotel . Very good location ,close to walmart and chillis and to the park . We love and know almost all the staff . Front desk is very professional , housekeeping always does an excellent job with our messy rooms , the pool is good but we would like to have a place to get towels other than going inside to the gym . Rooms are very clean , breakfast room is a decent size but not too bad . My only issue was that last time we stay here I asked for 2 extra towels and wash rags and the housekeeper didn't had any in her cart so she went to get some , and I heard the laundry lady yelled at her just because she took 2 towels only . I felt really bad , I asked her if she was ok and she said yes but I know better , she did mention the she was tired of the way the laundry lady treats them ,she doesn't respect them and they always have problems with her but management haven't done anything and WON'T DO ANYTHING TO HER .... But the worst part was that I looked into the laundry room and it was full of towels . But everything else was good , we'll be back soon ,hopefully we can get the same room because is close to the pool and gym and also to the side door and is great for us because we are always coming in and out . I love you all best western . You guys are the best

• Stayed May 2014
Hi 1965grabriella!

Thank you so much for your review and staying with us once again. It is always a pleasure to have the parents and teams stay with us. We enjoy the wonderful atmosphere that they bring to the property. We are excited for the next tournament and will see you again very soon!
Rockmart, Georgia
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Clean, comfortable and quiet room. Friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast was adequate and well-maintained. We never made it to the pool. 12 miles from LEGOLAND, near I-4 and halfway between Tampa and Orlando. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Hello Haleyssong!

Thank you so much for taking time our of your day to write such a kind review. We are glad to know that our central location between Tampa and Orlando made your stay convenient and the staff was able to make it enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel more than 6 times this year and one thing is always consistent, the staff.
Always helpful, always willing to go out of their way if you need something. Remember this is a Best Western and not the Waldorf, so take it for what it is. I prefer the staff here than at any 5 star hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Bestwesternaub, General Manager at Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear MJB20142014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our property! I am glad to here you enjoyed your stay and the exceptional service we provide.
We are excited to hear that we will see you the next time you are in the area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburndale
Holiday Inn Winter Haven
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel
#1 of 16 in Winter Haven
Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven

Been to Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!