“nice but not great” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Indiana
“nice but not great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was a convenient location for a family event. Two of four families stayed here: one for two night and the other for three nights. We were all in the area for a memorial service and this was the gathering point.

Room Tip: I am evaluating only the room we were in - room 310 right in front of elevator with a window view of...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I found the hotel in a good location near restaurants and close to my 50 year high school reunion activities. The staff was very helpful and allowed me to get a room near my friends. I enjoyed
having a breakfast in the hotel.

Overall, the visit was a very good one for me.

Room Tip: I always prefer a top floor room to avoid having foot noise in the room above.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sheila P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
The staff at the Best Western Plus Auburndale Inn and Suites thanks you for your recent stay at our hotel. All feedback regarding your stay is appreciated whether it is positive or negative as we are continuously trying to improve as a hotel. We are very happy that our staff was able to help make your reunion a success. Customer satisfaction is of supreme importance to us. It was our pleasure to allow all of the guests attending the reunion to be as close to each other as possible.Thank you for the kind review and we hope you will return whenever you find yourself in the need for accomodations in our area!
Miami, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for soccer games at Lake Myrtle Park. Really close to park. Breakfast was just ok. Not many choices. The staff was very nice. The rooms look worn but were clean. There's not much else around except a Walmart.

• Stayed April 2013
Eastern NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was a great place for us to stay. We went to the Spring Training game in Lakeland one day and went to Legoland the next. Walmart was right near the hotel for any needs and many restaurants were near. Breakfast was great, but room could be setup better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Geneva, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

The Best Western Plus in Auburndale, FL is conveniently located to Lake Myrtle Sports Complex and pretty close to Legoland and the Lakeland Mall. We stayed here one night for a soccer program. The lobby and rooms are nicely decorated and clean. The beds were comfortable. The rooms have a refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast. The coffee was good. The room stayed cool, but the AC didn't seem to be working properly. We had to turn it down to 65 degrees. My only complaint is the shower. There is a divide between the tub and plastic trim that lines the wall. In between there it is completely covered in green slime and mold. Surprising with everything else so clean.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sheila P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that we were able to meet your needs during your stay. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us, and while I am grateful that both our staff and our amenities were up to standard, I am equally grateful that you pointed out the one area where we could use some improvement. I do apologize for the shower, and I assure you that on your next visit that issue will no longer remain.

We look forward to seeing you again!!
Marianna, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We visited Best Western Plus Auburndale for one night, March 30, 2013 as part of a mini-vacation to Lego Land. While the price was a bit more than I wanted to pay, it was well worth it. The room was great for 2 adults, 3 kids.

I called about 2 hours before we arrived to see if there was a heated pool (which they did) because my kids and I were anxious to go swimming (it's just not a vacation without swimming!) and when we got there the front desk receptionist, I believe her name was Elisha, had booked us in the room closest to the pool. She was GREAT! So professional, caring, knowledgeable! Elisha helped us several times throughout our short stay, and her spirit matched her face and her attitude--all were absolutely beautiful. She was a blessing to us, and is, no doubt, a major asset to this company! Elisha also recommended some restaurants that offered discounts for Best Western guests, and we were not disappointed in the place we chose.

The room was very clean, included all the extras you could want or need. The bathroom was spacious, and the water pressure was very good. The kids enjoyed the cable, loved the pool, and slept well. The breakfast was plentiful and delicious including waffles, muffins, cereal, coffee, juice, milk, bagels, eggs, bacon and more. Every staff person was kind and professional. We were very pleased with our experience at this location. We will, Lord willing, be back soon for our next trip to Lego Land :-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to complete this review of our property. I am happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Elisha is certainly one of the best when it comes to making sure our guests stay is memorable and enjoyable. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you the next time you visit LEGOLAND!!
Palm Coast, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I booked this hotel for an overnight during the Sun-n-Fun fly-in at Lakeland airport. The reviews seemed reasonable and the location fit another need but the price was pretty steep even with a preferred discount ... obviously they raised the prices for a major nearby event? Still, I've had good luck with Best Western overall so I went for it.

First impressions were fine and the room was fine ... but there were multiple issues with the bathroom water system and more. The low flow sink faucet must be Al Gore's idea of low flow to the max. It was IMPOSSIBLE to get even warm water out of it and the flow rate was an insult. I decided to use the bathtub to cause flowage to maybe help bring warm water to it. It did help some but the flow sink faucet flow RATE was SO low you couldn't define it in gallons per minute but drops per hour. It was litterally THAT bad (sic). As soon as I turned off the tub flow, the sink went to cold. Meanwhile, using the tub as an attractant, IT started filling with water. So when I stepped in for my shower, I stepped into almost a foot of water. Finally, I wondered what all the creaking from the next room was ... turns out the method the installer of the plastic tub/walls used was causing major creaking from the tub which transmitted thru the walls. The next room was this way and so was mine. Finally, I DEMAND a few in-room cups of coffee in the AM. I poured a pot of water into the coffee maker and when I came in 20 minutes later, only two were in the pot. Don't know what that problem was. So except for a toilet that did work, the bathroom was a major problem. For what I paid, this was beyond unacceptible. My sense is that they've installed low flow faucet in all the rooms so I'd bet that other rooms had this same problem.

I won't give this hotel a two rating because the place was clean and the breakfast was decent -- although the eating room was WAY too small with too few tables. I try to be fair with my ratings so I'll give them a three ... MINUS.

I'm being charitible giving them a 3 raverage ating given the price (at preferred rates). I don't think I would stay here again for the above reasons.

Looks like Jennifer W. feels the same way about the price. WE won't be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Auburndale Hwy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburndale
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel
Baymont Inn & Suites Lakeland
Hampton Inn Bartow
Hampton Inn Bartow
#1 of 3 in Bartow

Been to BEST WESTERN Auburndale Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!