“Seaplane base”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Key Largo, Florida
“Seaplane base”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We always return to Best Western Auburndale. It is the perfect layover for pilots flying at Brown's Seaplane Base. Sandy was friendly and efficient in having our accommodations ready for our arrival. After a good night's rest and an appetizing breakfast, it is just a quick drive over to Jack Brown's. We'll be back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jody K
Sheila P, Front Desk Associate at Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
We always look forward to serving the students from Jack Brown's! We are happy to hear you will be returning to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is greatly appreciated.

Warm Regards

Front Desk Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Hudson, Florida
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The staff is always warm and friendly. The rooms are clean. I stay here quite often and the service remains consistent. Never had a problem. The brekfast is decent. (It's complimetary!) This Best Western will always be one of my destinations in the future. There are other options in the area. I've tried most of them amd I choose to stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rawleigh A
We appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. We know you have other options and we are glad you choose to stay with us!

Warm Regards

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Came with the family to visit Legoland. I chose it based on the reviews in this website and all is true:
* The price was fair.
* The room was clean ,
* Service was very good,
* About 15 minutes from Legoland,
* Nice breakfast (free),
* Shopping and dining are close to the hotel.
Overall very good experience

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bital S
Sheila P, General Manager at Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate the great comments! Hope to see you soon on your next visit to Legoland.
Snellville
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at Best Western in Auberndale Florida in 2011. I had reservations and check in time was supposed to be 3:00PM I had been driving all day and I arrived at 5:00PM and was informed that my room was not ready after sitting in the lobby for 15 minutes I was told that they were going to upgrade me to a better room at no extra charge. The room was ok but I did not get an explination for why my room I reserved was not available, I assume the rented it to someone else. I looked on my credit card statement online a week later and the bill was $150.00 more than I was quoted or agreed to so I called the hotel and the manager said I had been charged $150.00 for a smoking violation. I dont even smoke and told her this and she basically called me a liar and refused to remove the charge. I also received a call from the district manager and got the same bull from her. I put the charge in dispute with my credit card company and they removed the $150.00 charge. I will not be doing any more business with Best Western. (FYI)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
BWAuburndale, General Manager at Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Mr. Barry,

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience at check in. We are sorry you do not agree with our non-smoking policy.

Thank you for your input.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Had an awesome stay. This was my family's first time at this hotel and it was phenomenal. Everyone was very helpful and kind. The rooms are nice, spacious, modern and very clean. My family is looking forward to staying here again when we return to the area in November.

Room Tip: Love the rooms, they even have a complimentary computer in the room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
BWAuburndale, General Manager at Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review! We appreciate you passing on the experience of your stay. We really do try to make all of our guests stay phenomenal. We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband likes staying at Marriott, Holiday Inn and Time Shares. But I wanted to try something new and he was not disappointed. We stayed during labor day weekend to visit Legoland with our 3 small kids. The hotel was less than 20 minutes from Legoland and offered a great AAA rate. We got a king suite with separate living area for $107.99 per night. We were also able to check in at 11am instead of 3pm for an extra $30 which was fine. The room was clean except for a couple of minor details like chipped paint on the toilet seat, some hair left on the hair dryer and the shower head was in need of cleaning.

Other than that, there were no issues. The room was spacious and we loved the layout. There were no tight spaces and our 4 year old was doing cartwheels throughout the room. The kids slept in the separate living area on the sofa bed with their own 32 inch TV and AC unit. Mom and Dad had privacy in the bedroom with our own 32 inch TV and AC unit. There were double glass doors which separated the living room from the bedroom, which was nice. We also slept well on the mattress, which was surprising because we have a stern and foster at home, but seemed to rest better at the hotel.

There was a nice little kitchen area in the living room along the wall with a sink, mini refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. It also had a nice amount of counter top space. We also had a little office area with a desk, computer chair and computer with free internet and MS apps. Having kids with sticky fingers, I also loved their "clean" remotes which have a flat surface to allow for easy cleaning. No pets are allowed at the hotel and also no smoking which was great.

Breakfast was Free and very good. It included boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, waffles, instant grits, a variety of cereals, apples, oranges, and a variety of muffins and donuts. There is also a Wal-Mart and Publix nearby and lots of restaurants like Subway, Dunkin Donuts, McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut within a 10 minute drive. So we didn't have to worry about the kids being hungry.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at Best Western Plus and will stay again during our next visit to Legoland.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MsLisa2013
BWAuburndale, Director of Sales at Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
We were very happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations! That is our goal! Yes, our executive suites are spacious. Our new plush mattresses and new sofa sleepers are meant for a good nights rest. We are glad you took advantage of all the amenities we offer. We try to please all appetites with our wide variety at breakfast. There are many restaurants with the foods kids love and shopping too. We appreciate your great review of our hotel. Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Legoland!
Vernon, Connecticut
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Auburndale for two nights in August 2012 while visiting family in Lake Alfred. There weren't many choices for hotels nearby without traveling further away to Lakeland. We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It was a good value and allowed pets for no extra fee. The room was clean and spacious. The lobby was bright and inviting (our son loved the fish tank). The pool was clean. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful about things to do in the area. We'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
BWAuburndale, Front Office Manager at Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us while visitng the area. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and it is always beneficial to hear the positive feedback so we can pass that praise along to our staff. It is always our goal to have friendly, helpful desk agents there for you whenever you need an answer or suggestion. I am glad we were able to meet your needs and we look forward to your next visit.

Cory
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburndale
Holiday Inn Winter Haven
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel
#1 of 16 in Winter Haven
Howard Johnson Inn - Winter Haven FL

Been to Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!