“Spacious & clean”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Auburndale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 18, 2012

I enjoyed my stay very much. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is efficiently laid out and decorated tastefully. I had a suite in which the non-bedroom part was very large, enough to accommodate all three of the business associates who met with me there, easily and comfortably. Also, most hotels of this size have an exercise room, but all too often it consists only of a treadmill and/or stationary bike. This one has, in addition, a very efficient weight machine -- a big plus.

Having a computer in the room was good. According to the people who booked the room for me, this was the only hotel in the entire area with that feature. However, if it was left unused for a few minutes it would turn itself off, and erase anything you might have done on it. Thus, there was no way to save any work performed using this computer, even for an hour. But it was better than no computer at all.

Room Tip: I recommend the side away from the highway. Mine was very quiet. I slept like a rock.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Asa_Beale

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Nice front desk and housekeeping staff members--made us feel welcome as soon as we walked into this hotel. Room suite was a bit worn but very clean. Computer in the room was a nice touch. However, it is pretty slow and locks up anytime you want to look at a video clip or anything. No biggie, wasn't there to look at computer. We picked this hotel due to being only 12 miles or so away from Legoland and it turned out to be a good choice. Pool is outside and heated. Breakfast was average but ladies serving us both mornings were very pleasant. Nice big refrig and microwave in room. We were in room 222, I believe and they need to update the shower/bathtub in that room. Every time you took a shower you had all these loud creaking noise under your feet. Don’t think it was installed properly or something is happening underneath. Need to update TV's in the suites to flat screens. If management is reading this please do something about the very loud static on certain channels you don't have subscribed too. Trying to be quiet while our 5 year old slept but that Static noise was pretty obnoxious. For customers that are light sleepers don’t book a suite because I believe they are all on the ends of the hallways and you hear people all night/day going up and down those stairs. Bring a fan or two to help drown out that external noise as well as the 3 trains that come very loudly in the middle of the night, blaring their horn. We would stay here again if we came back to Legoland but think we would have to bring ear plugs. I'm going to give it a 4 overall because of the cleanliness and staff were so pleasant but my husband thinks I should rate it a 3 based on the noise issues.

Room Tip: Rooms away from stairs are quieter
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank moresunplease5
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel three times, once a year every year during the holidays.

- The front desk and breakfast staff (Tina) are friendly and welcoming.

- The room is spacious and well equipped - king bed, comfortable chair and footstool, desk, desk chair, computer with free Wi-Fi, refrigerator, coffee maker, hair dryer, good size sink counter space. Plastic and paper cups were wrapped in plastic.

- The mattress is a bit firm. I found it not too comfortable to sleep on my side, since the mattress did not have enough padding/softness for my shoulder. Lying on my back was fine. There were 4 small rounded pillows. I would have liked an extra blanket for the bed, since the bed didn't have a comforter or a very thick blanket. Yes, it is Florida, but it was winter.

- The wood furniture has started to show some wear with nicks in it, but overall the room is attractive and comfortable.

- Breakfast includes three cereals, two juices, coffee, tea, strawberry yogurt, donuts/pastries, scrambled eggs (the size of small pancakes), make-yourself-waffles, and either bacon (on one day) or sausage gravy with biscuits (on another day). Tina, the breakfast staff, is very friendly and running around trying to keep things stocked or happy to make you toast or bring you a tray that you can use to carry your breakfast to the room. She had a smile and greeted people and made people feel welcome. Thank you, Tina, for working Christmas Day, so we could have breakfast!

- Location is pretty convenient but you would need a car to get to the Walmart (to the left) and a Chilis and Burger King (across the highway). To the right are some retirement parks with golf courses that are open to the public. Domino's pizza delivers to the hotel as evidenced by their ad on the hotel keys. Legoland is about 14 miles away.

- I did notice the aquarium in the lobby on the left as you walk in. The fish looked well cared for and the aquarium was clean and the filter was running nicely. As someone who loves animals and had fish for many years, I looked to see what they had and also to see if they looked cared for.

- We got a good rate using one of the search engines on Trip Advisor, better than the hotel website rate. However, the front desk desk wouldn't give let me use my Best Western rewards id to receive any hotel points, since I had booked with a travel site.

- This is a great hotel with a very nice staff, and with the Wi-Fi and computers in the room, it is even better!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GodLovesYou
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I travel on business and rarely find a hotel that has what this place has. Great, friendly staff, clean room (I mean really clean rooms), great service, reasonable prices, etc. etc. This is the only place I will stay when I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank rmdriver
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Went there after a day at Legoland, and were wondering what to expect from a hotel in Auburndale :-) But what a pleasant surprise! The hotel is located 15 minutes from Legoland.

The lobby is open, nice and clean, and has an aquarium that caught the attention of our kids aged 2 and 4. We were welcomed in a very hospitable way.

Our room #107 was next to the reception, on the ground floor. It was spacious and clean, with two large beds and a working table with a Dell computer! The bathroom was large and clean, and had a coffee maker! The wifi worked without problems.

Breakfast was simple, but we didn't miss anything. The waitress was as helpful as any mother, so we felt most welcome.

We recommend this hotel to anyone who is in the area, especially those visiting Legoland Florida. The price was only 93 USD incl taxes and continental breakfast!

1  Thank KEGillesen
VanessaColburn, General Manager at Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2011

Gilesen Family,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.com regarding your recent stay at our property. We appreciate you giving us the opportunity to serve your family on your trip to LEGOLAND Florida. We are enthused to hear your positive feedback. My staff and I will use your review as an informational tool to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for everyone. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact a member of our staff at (863) 551-3400. We hope you to stay with us again.

Reviewed October 14, 2011

Just wanted to Thank Michelle at the front desk for her kindness and service when we stayed at the hotel. Michelle and others went out of there way to help us. We were with famiy for a wedding and had a great time. The hotel staff is wonderful and guest satisifaction is there highest priority.... clean rooms nice area, whatelse could you ask for. Thanks again, Mary Kannenberg

Ms. Kannenberg,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor.com regarding your recent stay at our property. We are enthused to hear positive feedback from our guests and hope the wedding was extraordinary. My staff and I will use your review as an informational tool to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for everyone. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at (863) 551-3400. We welcome you to stay with us again.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed at the Best Western in Aunburndale, FL after attending the Preview day at Legoland in Winter Haven. I wanted a hotel closer to Winter Haven but this hotel was only 15 minutes away. And MUCH nicer than the other options in Winter Haven.

We arrived at the hotel from the park very WET! The front desk agent was friendly and check in went quickly. Even though a mistake was made with our room, it was handled professionally. We were given a list of area resturants for dinner with a personal favorite. Upon returning to the hotel, tired and again WET for a tropical storm, we were greated with a smile and yummy cookies. The kids loved that.

The room was clean and the beds comfortable. Shower was nice with good pressure and hot water. I prefered a bath and was pleasently surprised with a hot bath in a tub that was nice enough to enjoy. The only thing, the bath liner was noisy and squeeked when you moved.

The only negitives were overshadowed by the positives. The water restrictor in the sink made it difficult to brush our teeth. The old style TV could have been upgraded. We heard at checkout most of the property was already converted. And the AC that is noisy and cuts on and off to cool the room as you get hot and cold is the industry standard. So, I wouldn't take anything off for that. What can you do?

Breakfast the next morning was served with a smile from the attendent who offered help in every way. She helped me through the waffle maker, offered to get some hotter water for my tea without me asking and offered trays as I carried food up to the room for the room for the others.

For the type of hotel it is, would recommend and give it the highest marks for it's staff and a VERY clean hotel in every aspect!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the flat panel TV's. You can't go wrong.

Greetings,

Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites

Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburndale
Holiday Inn Winter Haven
#2 of 16 in Winter Haven
Winter Haven Gardens Inn & Banquet Center
Hyatt Place Lakeland Center
Holiday Inn Express Lake Wales N - Winter Haven

Been to Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!