“Great place for soccer team”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Auburndale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great place for soccer team”
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Super friendly staff who accommodated our every request quiet location earlier breakfast spot for team dinner etc.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I usually don't take the time to comment, but the high rating on this property is why I booked this hotel. I figured the ONE, three star rating was from a guy that was probably overly "picky". This was NOT the case. We arrived on Friday night and had to sleep in a room that was completely filled with cigarette smoke. The hotel was booked, it was 10:30 pm, so I opened both of the huge windows and slept all of 2 hours that night. Someone should have noticed and reported this smoke LONG before I arrived. After being booted from the reservation system at 6:30 am by the gentleman at the front desk when I requested a new room, his replacement fortunately arrived. She arranged for a new room by 10:30 am, and even called to tell me it was ready for us. I was credited $20 for the prior night, which was nice, but she did mention that they did charge the prior guests $250 to have it specially cleaned. We moved into the second suite which was dated, but clean and much larger. It had a pull out that was simply beyond uncomfortable. I had a roll away brought in -- by another incredibly helpful guy – so that my son had a comfortable bed to sleep on. My husband, myself, and our daughter wedged into the king for a memorable yet less than restful sleep. This hotel is simply NOT worth the close proximity to the fields. Stay at the Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, or Country Inn and Suites instead. We didn't like the Plus in this Best Western "Plus".

• Stayed March 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 5, 2011

They have the normal continental breakfast with great tasting coffee.
Very helpful in problem solving and recommendations. Very nice place to stay.
It is easy to find, get into and out of.
We did find a restaurant they informed us of is a wonderful family style, open 24hrs with
good food called the Clock restaurant.
Last stay is Dec. 31st 2010 to Jan. 3rd 2011.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We stayed for one night while we were in the area for a class reunion. We booked the room on-line well in advance. We arrived on motorcycles, and were hot and tired. The parking lot is huge and well-lit. We were greeted with smiling, friendly desk attendants. Our room was clean, comfortable and decorated with soothing colors and accents. The shower was wonderful. Everything we needed, and more, was at our fingertips. Even though it is on a main highway, we did not hear a thing, and slept soundly. Breakfast the next morning was typical continental fare, but it was displayed beautifully, everything was fresh, and the breakfast room was clean and cheery. The coffee was great! We even saw several of our reunion friends at breakfast. We checked out after breakfast, and, again, the front desk attendants treated us with warm, smiling, friendly professionalism. They even told us about the "Best Western Harley Riders" option to sign up for. I grew up in the area, and we visit often. The Best Western Auburndale is where I will stay from now on when I go "home".

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 4, 2010

I Think They are the best
love the staff and all, room are allways clean and quite
would not stay anywere else. anytime we have family gather this is the place to stay at.
Thanks to all the lovely mangerment and staff:)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
florida
Reviewed August 22, 2010

As an experienced traveler and 20 years of working in the travel industry this is, at best, an average property. Watch out: this hotel charges a $6.42 per night Resort Fee which they are not very forthcoming about. Read the fine print on the reservations and the documents you sign when you check in. When I inquired about it, they claimed it is to cover expenses such as the breakfast, business center, Internet access and pool.
#1 The "Complimentary" DELUXE Continental Breakfast is not deluxe. It is mediocre at best. Other guests agreed with me on this. I have seen much better continental bkfst at Marriot’s and Hampton’s. #2 Our room was never cleaned on the second day of our stay. We had our do not disturb on until 10:30 am, and apparently, that was too late for housekeeping! #3 the bedding is very outdated. #4 The bathroom shower creaked when you stood in it and the shower curtain was too short, it reached right to the top of the tub line, so the floor would get soaking wet! The hotel staff were very nice and the one good thing I can write is that since this is the only hotel in the area, it is very convenient if you are playing in a tournament at the Lake Myrtle Sports Complex - 3 miles away.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
VanessaColburn, General Manager at Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 1, 2010
Allow me start by thanking you for completing a review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at our property.

Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope you will stay with us at the Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites the next time you are in Central Florida I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (863) 551-3400.

Vanessa Colburn
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 11, 2010

I stayed here for 4 days and was very pleased with this hotel. It is fairly new which certainly helps! The room was clean & the staff was very friendly and helpful. The computer in the room is definitely a nice touch, I used it quite a bit. At one point I had a problem with it, and the front desk staff was very helpful in resolving the issue. Overall, a nice place to stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.com regarding your recent stay at our property. We are enthused to hear positive feedback from our guests. My staff and I will use your review as an informational tool to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for everyone. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact a member of our staff at (863) 551-3400. We welcome you to stay with us again.

Vanessa Colburn
Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburndale
Holiday Inn Winter Haven
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel
LEGOLAND Florida Hotel
#1 of 16 in Winter Haven
Howard Johnson Inn - Winter Haven FL

Been to Best Western Auburndale Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!