“Saw it on DD&D..lived up to the hype!”

Culhane's Irish Pub & Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Owner and operated by Four Irish Sisters since 2005. Famous for Best Fish and Chips! Family Fun Environment. Live Irish Music every Sunday. Daily and Nightly Happy Hour. Newly remodeled restaurant showing all English Premier League, Rugby, NFL and College games. 20 Monster TV's, Separate Dining and Pub Side, 42 Whiskeys, Extensive Wine Menu & 26 Draft Beers! STEP INSIDE OUR HOME AWAY FROM HOME!
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My 9yo niece turned me on to Diners, Drive-ins, & Dives & this pub was showcased. Since I live in Jax I made it across the bridge on one Sunday afternoon. They have life music on certain dates which are published on their facebook page & website. We did not have reservations but were sat immediately. We ordered some fish appetizers which we could not stop eating, Guinness beef stew & my friend ordered corned beef hash, cabbage, and mashed potatoes. We both enjoyed our meals and had leftovers. My Guinness stew tasted even better the next day & I am always trying to find people to go back with me. I would recommend this place for everyone. They boast contests, trivia nights, and other fun nights for everyone. Sisters came over to our table and introduced themselves. Everyone was very friendly and charming.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Went for desert and stayed to listen to the band Cloud 9. Culhanes is one of my favorite places. Always a wonderful place to be and to enjoy

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I visited on a Friday night with another couple and arrived when it was quite busy. The staff were preparing for a wedding party, but they asked us how long we might be staying. We didn't figure to be there more than an hour, so they thought we could sit in the room where the wedding party was going to be. We had excellent personal service and the food was outstanding, as was our server. I'd recommend Culhane's as a wonderful place to eat. Looking forward to going back to listen to some music!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Culhane's far surpassed our expectations. Whether it was the atmosphere, the service or the food, it was nothing less than amazing. The Sheperd's Pie was to die for. Our server was actually interested in our dining experience, very kind and attentive. Also, one of the owners was there and made sure to visit each table to ensure everyone was doing alright. I would highly recommend this restaurant/bar. We surely will dine again.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

The first time we tried to eat at Culhane's, the place was pretty much booked for a party and the only way we could get a table was to wait for about an hour for a table outside. Florida + summer + hot Irish food = not cool. We decided to try one more time to eat here tonight and woohoo....we got right in. The staff was very friendly and joked around with us. As soon as our waitress said one of their appetizer specials was Irish Nachos, we were sold! They were AWESOME. Best thing we ate. It consisted of homemade potato chips, topped with shepherds pie, shredded cheese, queso sauce, jalapenos and sour cream. My husband had the bangers and mash. It came with 4 sausages on a mound of freshly mashed potatoes and thick onion gravy. Very flavorful, especially the gravy. My friend had the fish tacos. Doesn't really sound Irish, but they took the fish they'd use for fish n chips and stuck it in the taco. Plus, this Irish Pub is close to the beach, so maybe that's why they incorporated it. He said they were pretty tasty. His meal only came with 2 good sized tacos and no side. You would think for $10.00 it would have come with something on the side. He ordered a side salad with honey mustard and warm bacon vinaigrette and that was good as well. I'm a sucker for a Reuben, so I had to try it. It was very good, not the most outstanding Reuben but I was happy. It was packed with corned beef and for some reason they put the thousand island dressing on the side. It was a little sweeter then I've had before, which was different. The fries had a great seasoning and crisp to them. All in all, this place was pretty good and satisfying, but I'm not dying to go back. If I'm ever weirdly craving Irish food though, I'd probably only make my way back for those killer nachos.