“Small but mighty”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Every year we visit Jax Beach I make sure we dine here at least one night. We sit outside and I look forward to my order of Eggplant Parmesan and for dessert I order gelato. This restaurant consistantly produces great food.

Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

Grabbed a quick bite. Caesar salad was awesome! Joesph's special hold the anchovies! Was delicious !

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We ordered our pizza to go and we got a large, so we could not get thin crust, only regular crust. We got a BBQ chicken pizza, chicken was not really appetizing, looked like good ole Cisco chicken on there. The sauce was sporadic, bland and probably canned... the crust was the highlight, with some cornmeal on it, but overall, even in a tourist place, for $20 (wow) you would expect something a little better. Will try Al's down the street next time.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

So here is the deal I try to review fairly, and this is a fair assement with the good and bad for Joseph's pizza.

The Good:
1. Neat environment/ atmosphere with Bingo and fun
2. very diverse crowd with college students, and older retired couples all hanging out
3. One of the guys just walked around and checked on everyone playing Bingo/ eating to make sure all was ok.

The Average:
1. The food was just average not too special I had an all meat calzone and garlic knots. They were ok but nothing special.

The Bad:
1. Service was terribly slow considering their were 4 workers, and only 10 people there my food took 40 minutes and I had my waitress come by once to check on me/ drop off the garlic knots.

2. They started closing 30 minutes early (putting up floor mats, mopping, etc.)
3. In their closing routing they cut off the only tv in the room that was on while I was watching the Little League World Series in the 6th inning!!!!!!
4. One of the college servers that managed the tip cup helped himself to a glass of beer once the crowd died down and it was just me inside and 4 people outside... whether he is paid or works on tips its never acceptable to drink while on the job like that!

1  Thank BHAMChris
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Visiting the area, we found Joseph's via on-line reviews. Joseph's was the real deal! The restaurant was packed the entire time, and the staff handled it well. Customer service is probably our family's biggest pet peeve (after poor food of course), and Joseph's was exemplary. Our waiter, Chas, was knowledgeable, friendly, extremely attentive, yet managed to remain in the background too. Other staff periodically assisted as well, they seemed similarly superior. Our food was good, not great. We wouldn't blame Joseph's for that, we stayed away from their house specials and went for a Sicilian pizza and a salad. The only negative was the calamari on the salad, which was both greasy and bland. However the wait staff noticed my wife's face after one bite and immediately was at the table to make it right. A grilled chicken salad was there in a minute and she found it very enjoyable. Did I mention that the atmosphere was great too!
We plan on returning, this time to try there specialty pizzas. :)