“Will be either great or will be so-so”

Ocean 60 Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean 60 Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Atlantic Boulevard
Description: Fresh Continental Cuisine with a Tropical Flair best describes Ocean 60. Creating two Establishments in One, you can dine in the Main Dining Room for a more intimate evening or the Martini Lounge for a more casual experience. Local artist, Enrique Mora displays his vibrant paintings on the wall. Located one half block to the Ocean and across from a Resort Hotel, Ocean 60 has something for everyone from a Full Bar Specializing in Martinis and offering Live Music as well as a Quaint Wine Bar in the Dining Room for that intimate feel.
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This restaurant has the pretense of being the most up scale of the large number of restaurants in its immediate area, so reservations are a must. It is a good restaurant, make no mistake, but I don't think it is as consistant as say, Mezza Luna nearby. I have had one meal here that I would rate on par with fine dining experiences I have had in San Francisco, but by the same token, I have had ones that bordered on mediocre, so it appears to be a function of just who is in the kitchen that day, something the management needs to work on. All that being said, you will have a pleasant experience, with excellent service and a good selection of options, at least on paper.

1  Thank JAXers

Reviewed April 16, 2014

If you love martinis this is the place to go for happy hour. My watermelon martini was delicious. Ok, I confess, I drank three of them.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

We have eaten in Ocean Sixty, at least 60 times, since it open in 2001 or early 2002. We have had great experiences there on every occasion. Tommy is one of our favorite waiters. They do a fantastic whole fried fish. Great martinis and good wine.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised at the high quality of the food at Ocean 60. I had the meatloaf which was excellent. My fellow guests had the Salmon Gratin and the Grouper. Both received top marks.
There are only two downsides to Ocean 60. It can be very noisy, and the restaurant really needs some carpeting to reduce the volume. Secondly, this area of Atlantic Beach as a chronic shortage of parking spaces. We later found out you can park at the Seahorse Oceanfront Inn, a couple of blocks away and Ocean 60 will reimburse the cost of the parking.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband and I took our daughter and son-in-law out to dinner mid week to celebrate a family birthday. Wow, were we surprised at the quality and selections on the menu at Ocean 60 in Atlantic Beach, FL. From the complimentary start of homemade cracker with boursin cheese to the raspbery sorbet palate cleanser before our main course, we enjoyed a lovely, delicious meal. I loved the balsamic glazed brussel sprouts with pork carnitas appetizer. We were there in time to take advantage of the Happy Hour price for wine. Our main courses were each one a treat for the eye but more importantly were very tasty and perfected prepared. Ocean 60 offerred a nice complimentary birthday desssert, as well. Our server was professional and very helpful. By the way, the bread is delicious. We will definitely return in the near future, as we are from out of town.