“Great service and food”

Dining options: Breakfast
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great service and food”
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in this morning with a party of 8 including 3 little ones with high chairs. The service was excellent all around, very patient and attentive. The food was excellent and reasonably priced - try the home fries, outstanding!

Greer, SC
“Best pancakes on the beach!”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We always stay at Ocean One when we're in Jacksonville, my husband has to work and the area gives me lots of spots I can either walk or ride my bike to. We decided to stay an extra day as he had worked late and still had several morning calls, but at least he was going to be able to one one beach day.

I woke craving pancakes so we asked one of the girls at our front desk where we should go and she said definitely the Beach Diner. It was an easy ride from our hotel, as you can take a backstreet up several blocks without ever having to go on the Main Street with the traffic, maybe a 5-7 minute ride. Cute little place, definitely an older cottage style building which definitely could use some charm....and paint.

Inside tho...exactly what we were looking for! The U-shaped bar is up front as you walk in, perfect for people watching and chatting with the locals and/or other travelers, which we love to do.

Not sure if it was the owner or the manager (he reminded me of Kru from Despicable Me, but not in a bad way...I love Kru!) but he wasn't very friendly...disappointing! But his staff made up for it, great group of young folks quick with a smile, if someone saw an empty dish, it was taken immediately whether it was three table or not. Empty cup? You were asked for a refill literally as you were taking the last sip. Wonderful FRESH fruit, greatly appreciated! (Had a horrible experience at the Metro Diner the day before with horrible frozen shriveled blueberries which turned into a mass of leather in your mouth...blech!). Cute inside, decorated like your grammy's beach cottage. We could see into the kitchen from our spot at the bar, clean, well-organized, and moving fast like a well-oiled machine.

My husband mass ordered his typical monster breakfast, everything came out immediately and was just perfectly delicious (I assume because it disappeared so fast). You'd think pancakes were easy but I've had them at several places where they only RESEMBLED pancakes. But these were perfection, thick, fluffy, hot off the grill with NO massive hunk of butter drowning it like the chains do.

We definitely beat the masses as about 30 or so folks piled in behind...cheers to good timing! But if you are looking for a hearty breakfast, this is definitely it. We'll definitely be back!

• Visited April 2014
Atlantic Beach, Florida
“Great, as Usual!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Went in for a late morning breakfast. Crowded, about a 15 minute wait. We had two different omelettes. Both were terrific. Everyone is courteous and friendly. Service is fast and food is hot. What a fantastic local restaurant.

Visited April 2014
Bardonia, New York
“Good service and good food”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We stopped for breakfast and had a good meal with good service. Our waitress kept the waters filled and the coffee flowing. We had eggs, pancakes, waffles, French fries and chicken fingers. Everyone was very satisfied. We will definitely go again.

Alpharetta, GA
“Delish, friendly, no frills”
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly, and we loved the food! I had one of the best Greek salads I've ever had, and my husband had a delicious chicken salad sandwich. Service was quick, but we didn't feel rushed, even though they were close to closing for the day. We'd go back, and I'd love to try their breakfast!

Visited February 2014