“Al's has been my favorite for the 11 yrs Ive lived here...”
Review of Al's Pizza - CLOSED

Al's Pizza
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed April 16, 2010

Great food (pizza, calzones, sandwiches, salads, appetizers). Great Service. Great dining experience for locals and tourists. Many draft beers on tap. I have been to this restaurant about 400 times and I had my rehearsal dinner here (kind of). My wife and I love it. Hope to see you there...

Reviewed January 23, 2010

I called this one in. Knowing that Al's had been voted #1 pizza for 14 years, I was hungry and asked for the deluxe with everything. The lady on the phone kept asking me about specific toppings, and since I was putting gas in my car at the time, I kept saying: EVERYTHING BUT THE KITCHEN SINK. When I arrived 30 minutes later and said that I was the guy who wanted everything, all the workers, including 3 young men who were making the pizzas stopped what they were doing and stared at me. Soon I would find out why; that'll be $41.17! $41 for a single large pizza, you got to be kidding. They weren't. The deluxe pizza was $20, and included Pepperoni, Ground Beef, Sausage, Green Peppers, Mushrooms, Black Olives, Red Onions, and Extra Cheese. To this they added their specialty toppings; Feta Cheese, Chicken, Eggplant, Sundried Tomato, Fire Roasted Red Peppers, Spicy Chorizo Sausage, Kalamata Olives, Bacon, Artichoke; and Anchovies. Also, I later detected Spinach, Broccoli, and Pineapple, among other things. The first slice weighed 13 oz, and the whole pizza was nearly 5 lbs(see photo)!!! They charged about $2 for each of the extra ingredients.

Was it good; yea it was great! I could only eat 1/2 the first night. The next night I placed it under the oven broiler and carmelized some of hte ingredients(see photo of one 13 oz slice). It actually improved the taste. So, technically I guess it was a $20 pizza: per serving. Moral: don't tell Al that you want everything!!!

1  Thank WildBillFlorida_USA
Reviewed December 27, 2009

Als is the best. I love the pizza, salads, pastas and mazzarella sticks. It is great for the family and it has the best service in town.

Reviewed April 7, 2009

Its just a great place to go and have a yummy pizza! They have other menu items but are best known for their pizza. Its the true thin crust style. (but not too greasy!)

The staff are great too!

The place is clean and casual. There is a outside sitting area on the porch-like entrance which is nice to watch the world go by.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 25, 2009

For those that have specific (north east) taste, then this is not your pizza. Pretzels are good though.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook