“Great food.”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Great fresh seafood at an affordable price. Don't let the austere surroundings cloud your judgement.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were looking for some fresh seafood along the Atlantic coast of Florida when we hit upon a review of this restaurant on the Food Network's website. I hotwired a room in Ponte Vedra and hit the jackpot with the Marriott Sawgrass at the Player's Club. My luck was running high! Long story short, Singleton's was one of the highlights of the Summer. The raw oysters were wonderful! The fried shrimp, fish and clam strips were fabulous! The atmosphere is.... well, shacky. The floors are uneven, the tables and chairs are rough wooden planks. It was super cool! Hope to visit again soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I enjoy eating at local places, and this is one of the consistently good places that I never worry about taking people to. This time enjoyed weekend lunch there. I had the blackened mahi sandwich, with black beans as my side and appreciate that the prepared knows how to blackened, too many have a light hand with the seasoning, it is supposed to be heavy! My date had the fried shrimp and fries. A former commercial fisherman and shrimper, he is picky about seafood, and was quite pleased with his meal, ended up unable to finish all the shrimp!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We ate dinner at this restaurant on Monday, May 20. The service was very good and the atmosphere is fantastic! The view out the back was directly on the river and the Shrimp Boats were tied up close by. We started with Onion Strings and one order was enough for the 4 of us - although none wanted to stop eating them - very delicious! The food wasn't spectacular, but it was good. Most everything on the menu is fried, but not all. We had the fried oysters and shrimp. The servings are very large, so come hungry!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Saw the clip with Guy Fiere from food network and wanted to give it a try. The place was described as rustic...try filthy..tables are sticky with little particles of food in the cracks that have been there forever. Bathrooms are terrible. I had fish that was ok.. the baked potato was over cooked and dry (it must have been cooked hours ahead and left under heat lamp). Collar greens had stems in them as tough as bamboo.. Hush puppies could be used as golf balls. My wife ordered shrimp taco but got the shrimp plate.. Save you money buy a 6 pack and go to Captain D's it will be a better experience.

1  Thank Tony B