“A True Gem Amongst A Ton of Choices...”

Two Dudes Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Fresh Seafood at it's best. Also featuring burgers, tacos, salads, and homemade desserts. Everything's made from scratch including the sauces and dressing.
Reviewed December 18, 2012

My wife on a trip to see the grand children in Jacksonville Beach told me about Two Dudes when she returned home to NC. She said you will love this place we ate at. Well like my wife always is correct, she nailed this one. We just went back down to see our latest grandchild, # 7, # 8 due in January and after the near 7.5 hour ride it was pick up the families and off to Two Dudes. It is very casual, snags the beach setting, (I lived in Florida for over 35 years), and it only got better. The staff was very friendly and helpful from when we entered to when we left. I like to ask the server what would you order this one or this one after I narrow it down. Again BANG an A+. The sautéed scallops were amazing. The seasoning was perfect. The side of fries was enough for five! The wine choice was not extensive, but just right. Same for the beer. I tasted a little of each of the adults choices and they were all excellent. Being from Boston where I think the best seafood resides, (cold water helps), their seasoning, simplicity, choices, value & staff get 5 stars. I hope folks will keep them busy and they keep experimenting with new seafood dishes using the same formula. Keep it fresh is the one big deal in my mind and keep smiling, it brings people coming back with friends from out of town. I will for sure return the next trip to the beaches the only place to live in the Jacksonville area for another meal at Two Dudes!

3  Thank Richard B

Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is a great little hole in the wall if you like a lot of fried seafood. They also have some great lower calorie choices on the board. Service is quite good but the staff do need to scrub up and decorate the party room next door. Calamari is super and so is the wasabi coleslaw.

1  Thank chellyfla
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Shhh! There are so many good locations to eat in the Atlantic Beach/Jacksonville Beach area, but this is one that stands out.
Two Dudes Eatery and Market is easy to find. It is not a chain but one of those places you bring your real friends to when they visit.
The fresh seafood of the day is listed on a chalkboard. While we ate, the flounder bit the dust and was erased off the board. There is no tilapia on the board Two Dudes has real fish. We opted to be not to creative and order scallops and shrimp. The scallops were Franklin 50-cent piece size and grilled to perfection. The shrimply lightly battered kissed. The onion straws filled part of the plate and the other half was coverded with mixed "al la dante" veggie mix of zuchinni, summer squash and carrots. Huge portions of sides. Other diner tried the mango, wasabi coleslaw..very good.
The service was attentive. The menu is new on December 1st. This is real seafood at its best. No chain junk here. One bit of advice is bring a "BIG" appetie for you will need it. I will visit this location again when in town. If you are on the east side of Jacksonville make the drive.

2  Thank scoopC5
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great little restaurant in Atlantic Beach. Our neighbors invited us to go and wow it was great. The calamari appetizer was devine. I had the soft shell crab and can say that it was some of the best I have had. The side was cole slaw with a wasabi base and it was outstanding. One word of caution is that it does have a bite to it. Service was very attentive. I did notice that on Urban Spoon some reviewers from over a year ago were a little negative. The current owners have owned since December and all reviews since have been outstanding. Fun place.

5  Thank nole38
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My sister came to visit from out of town, and after a great day at the beach, we used the GPS to find some local seafood. First thing that looked interesting was Two Dudes Fresh Seafood. Wow! What a fantastic experience! It's so tiny and the location makes you think this is some hole-in-the-wall place, but it was the best food by far I've had here in Jacksonville, since my husband and I moved here 2 years ago! The staff and even other customers were happy and friendly, and everything on the menu looked like a good price for fresh seafood. When we got our food, we couldn't believe how much they gave us! They are not stingy with food at all! I got the fried shrimp basket, and you know how sometimes at restaurants you get almost all breading and no shrimp? Not at Two Dudes! It was huge shrimp with the perfect amount of seasoning and breading! :) I couldn't wait to take my husband when he got back from deployment! The two of us went this past Friday, and he was not disappointed, even after I had talked it up so much. :) He decided to try softshell crab for the first time in his life, and when it wasn't his favorite, they brought him a plate piled high with shrimp on the house!!! He put that away! :) I just couldn't believe they were so nice and are so committed to their customers leaving happy and full! We can't wait to go back with friends!

4  Thank Amy W