“Great philly cheese steak”

Bongiorno's Philly Steak Shop
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed December 30, 2013

You get exactly what it says on the tin, casual interior.cold beer,friendly happy staff. Sports tv..great philly

There are newer reviews for Bongiorno's Philly Steak Shop

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Sorry but I drove a long way to try this place and upon entering everything looked so dirty I had to leave without ordering. I got a bad feeling and it isn't fair to review without tasting the food which sounds wonderful according to other patrons but looking around everything appeared too dirty to stay. I don't feel I was just being picky. The soda machine connections, the floors, the whole place gave me the feeling of no one caring enough to clean the place up. The gentleman on the grill was cordial enough and ready to take my order but I walked out. If I don't feel a place looks clean then it probably isn't. Looking around the corners, under the cases, I believe it should look swept and clean and it just did not. sorry. I wish I could have tried a delicious cheese steak. Thats what I drove so far to get but I ended up leaving hungry.

3  Thank chuck p
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Never had a Philly Steak before but I can certainly say the Buffalo Chicken Cheese Steak and the side of Jalapeno poppers I had were absolutely gorgeous. Staff couldn't be any friendlier. This is as authentic as it gets and the local Military from the nearby Naval Base who frequent this place will certify that. They offer Military Discount as well.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

As an English person who has never been to Philadelphia I can't say I have had a "true" philli cheese steak but the ones me and my fellow crew had whilst here on a ship have been fantastic and everyone onboard is talking about how good they are!

1  Thank Fiona P
Reviewed July 9, 2013

All the good things are true about the food REAL Philly Cheese-steaks! Bottom line like being in a south Philly or NE City Strip Joint. Not a want to be but the real deal. Real folks real food and good eats. this place is not "nice" just plain and simple down home Philly.

Good value great quality. We live @ an hour away and when in Mayport Area we always go!