“Will be back every time I'm in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of M Shack

M Shack
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
New York
“Will be back every time I'm in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I recently was in the area visiting family. They took me to M Shack and WOW!! I am so glad they did!! I wanted to try a bunch of things on the menu so I got the M Burger, Hot Diggity Dog, Italian Sausage Sandwich, and Sweet Potato Tots. The M Burger, with all it's extras and shack sauce was delish!! I've had some great chili cheese dogs in my life and the Hot Diggity Dog is definitely up there with the best of them!! And if you like an awesome sausage and peppers sandwich you HAVE to try the Italian Sausage Sandwich - I wish I had gotten one to go!! The Sweet Potato Tots, which you must try dipped in the shack sauce, were like little pieces of candy potato heaven in my mouth. Needless to say I really loved everything I got, which was A LOT of food, but it was just so good I couldn't stop eating!! I also managed to end my dinner with a shake which was awesome, nice and thick. I will definitely be going here every time I'm in town and you guys in the area are so lucky to have the M Shack!!

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Ballerina484

Jacksonville, Florida
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

They have great burgers and grill cheese. They decided to switch up the menu and it got better. The fish sandwich is out of this world. Don't forget to get fries with that. The milkshakes they have are the best in town by far

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank hebrew10
Ponte Vedra Beach
“A burger place a vegetarian can love!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

The MShack veggie burger is the best I have ever had! House-made, no frozen patty here. Sweet potato tots are outstanding and the shakes are so delicious! We head there as a family and always bring our out-of-town guests. The meat-eaters in the family love the taste and size of the burger. It is not overdone as most of the ridiculous oversized entrees are at most restaurants. A definite fun, casual place to get an amazing bite to eat!

Visited June 2012
2 Thank VizioVirtu3
Florida
“Great burgers and shakes”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

Can't understand the negative comments. The burgers are tasty and fresh. I had the Medurable - burger topped with a delicious foie gras and carmelized onions- my husband had the Sunrise burger. Both were outstanding. On another occasion we had the sausage burger and a double bacon-cheeseburger. Also outstanding. The shakes are flavorful. We will keep going back anytime we are in the mood for a good burger.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank goldi130
Jacksonville, Florida
“Best Burger - In the Building”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stopped by M Shack in Atlantic Beach, Florida for a burger. Thought it was fast food. Turned out to be very slow food, very cold service, and prices that are puzzling for very mediocre food. This joint is billed as gourmet burgers. What you get is gourmet prices and burgers that really are no challenge to McD's. The French Fries are billed as special. The bill was special. The fries were not. The delivered our order after30 minutes. Problem was it was not our order. The got the problem worked out after another 10. Forty minutes for a burger?

The place has a open presentation style kitchen. I saw something in that kitchen I will long remember. A young woman with long blond hair, bent over, flipped her hair forward and tied it into a pony tail. The problem was she did this in the open kitchen with here latex (food handling) gloves on. Having some familiarity with sanitation procedures, that move would have gotten the kitchen closed had a health department official been present.

Did I mention that the place is extremely loud. Lots of children in arms.

Bottom line - "Don't Come Back Here Yankee!" And if you do, bring lots of cash.

Just another disappointing meal on the Beaches of Jacksonville.

• Visited June 2012