“Great burgers and shakes”
Review of M Shack

M Shack
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Great burgers and shakes”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Can't understand the negative comments. The burgers are tasty and fresh. I had the Medurable - burger topped with a delicious foie gras and carmelized onions- my husband had the Sunrise burger. Both were outstanding. On another occasion we had the sausage burger and a double bacon-cheeseburger. Also outstanding. The shakes are flavorful. We will keep going back anytime we are in the mood for a good burger.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank goldi130

Jacksonville, Florida
“Best Burger - In the Building”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stopped by M Shack in Atlantic Beach, Florida for a burger. Thought it was fast food. Turned out to be very slow food, very cold service, and prices that are puzzling for very mediocre food. This joint is billed as gourmet burgers. What you get is gourmet prices and burgers that really are no challenge to McD's. The French Fries are billed as special. The bill was special. The fries were not. The delivered our order after30 minutes. Problem was it was not our order. The got the problem worked out after another 10. Forty minutes for a burger?

The place has a open presentation style kitchen. I saw something in that kitchen I will long remember. A young woman with long blond hair, bent over, flipped her hair forward and tied it into a pony tail. The problem was she did this in the open kitchen with here latex (food handling) gloves on. Having some familiarity with sanitation procedures, that move would have gotten the kitchen closed had a health department official been present.

Did I mention that the place is extremely loud. Lots of children in arms.

Bottom line - "Don't Come Back Here Yankee!" And if you do, bring lots of cash.

Just another disappointing meal on the Beaches of Jacksonville.

• Visited June 2012
bsqd50
“Not worth the hype”
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

I was looking forward to a good local burger, but I was very disappointed. The pretentious "signature" fries were nothing but bad frozen ones and the burger was on the skinny side. There are better burgers and fries at the beach.

Jacksonville Beach, Florida, United States
“the best...”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Best Cheeseburger in Northeast Fl. Served hot off the grill, juicy but not undercooked. A nice size, soft, warm bun. Excellent fries and of course, cold beer!!

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Gary T
“Best burger!”
Reviewed April 18, 2012 via mobile

My husband and wanted to check out this place because we love being at the beach and were told that the burgers were great. They were amazing! Moist, tender and full of flavor. When I want I burger I will go there from now on!

2 Thank Flemingstef